Thoughts so far on WR Zay Jones??

cover1

Totally agree. Never bought the "he is a low ceiling possession guy. He can becomes a complete receiver.

I think sometimes people confuse "high floor" with "low ceiling." They use them interchangeably. Jones has a high floor but a decent ceiling. There was no chance of him sucking because he was just too productive for that. At the same time he can still improve. He's not yet a finished product.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that there isn't a similar thread about Tredavious (sp?). I haven't heard a peep about the #1 Pick which is really odd considering both Gilmore and Darby are gone....and I'm not sure I even know his jersey number.

It's usually a good thing when you don't hear about a CB

Haven't seen any indications of special yet, but it's way way early. I'm still positive on the pick. He's looked pretty good for such a young guy.

IMHO he looks to be a good #2 down the road if he can find a good connection with a quarterback.

Why is it assumed that he can't be a WR1? He was mega productive in college and is as big and as fast as Watkins.

It will interesting to see if he can create separation in real games consistently with no #1 and no deep threat on the team. If Tyrod doesn't see him wide open he's not getting thrown to.

Jordan Mathews is playing opposite,he may not be considered a true #1 but he knows how to get separation and I am sure he will coach Zay up.

I think he can be a top 25 WR. He really has it all. Great feel for the position, great hands, good size (and is still getting stronger), good speed. Has the making of a #1 imo. Maybe not an elite #1, but a "1b" at least......as long as our Qb position improves. It's his downfall for sure

I was really high on Zay Jones coming out of college. Totally ecstatic that the Bills drafted him. So far this preseason his stats won't blow you away but his maturity, football IQ and route running have really shined through so far. I think Jones can be special. Just wondering what your thoughts on him so far and the entire draft class for that matter. I put together a breakdown on him if you're interested.

http://www.cover1.net/2017/08/zay-jones-the-ability-to-win/

what I liked about this draft is the trades to move up and get players (jones and Dawkins) they wanted. They got 3 solid starters in the first two rounds. I'm hoping they do the same next year, given how they've stock-piled picks for 2018. While the draft is always a crapshoot, it's even more so in the later rounds. Use your later picks to move around and get the guys in the first two rounds that you are very confident in. If they can get 5 starters in the first two rounds next year, while giving up one R3 and some later picks, I'd take that.

what I liked about this draft is the trades to move up and get players (jones and Dawkins) they wanted. They got 3 solid starters in the first two rounds. I'm hoping they do the same next year, given how they've stock-piled picks for 2018. While the draft is always a crapshoot, it's even more so in the later rounds. Use your later picks to move around and get the guys in the first two rounds that you are very confident in. If they can get 5 starters in the first two rounds next year, while giving up one R3 and some later picks, I'd take that.

If you're going to draft for need, and the Bills do - and they did in 2017 - you're better off moving around the draft board. Drafting for need while sitting tight is a risky proposition.