Hopes vs Expectations for tomorrow?

Hope:

Wenning plays well enough to allow for extended looks at the lower end of the WR depth chart

DL will come to play and we can figure who and how many of the DTs to keep. (I think Coleman has a shot at the roster)

Reduced presnap penalties

Expectations:

Dennison to pound the rock and we aren't afforded a look at any of the receivers. Those pass plays we do run will consist of easy three step drops

At least one play with 10 men on the field

It's the preseason finale, the biggest farce in all of football. This is a game where the only guys getting minutes are likely to be selling insurance in a week or so. There are zero expectations to be had, other than that the game will $uck. Hopes equate to no players that will be kept on the 53 man roster being injured. ( with perhaps the exception of Vlad Ducasse, he can get turf toe). Any thoughts of looking like some semblance of a cohesive offensive unit ended with ps game #3. Expect the game to be even worse than usual due to no cutdown. These will be the scrubs of the scrubs.

Edited by Boatdrinks

It's the preseason finale, the biggest farce in all of football. This is a game where the only guys getting minutes are likely to be selling insurance in a week or so. There are zero expectations to be had, other than that the game will $uck. Hopes equate to no players that will be kept on the 53 man roster being injured. ( with perhaps the exception of Vlad Ducasse, he can get turf toe). Any thoughts of looking like some semblance of a cohesive offensive unit ended with ps game #3. Expect the game to be even worse than usual due to no cutdown. These will be the scrubs of the scrubs.

I'll only disagree in that most of them will be TRYING to sell insurance. It's not that easy...

Hope:

No injuries

Vlad Ducasse announces his retirement before the game.

Expectation:

Very few starters play at all.

That we see a lot of players playing their very best to get a final roster spot.

Eddie Yarbrough is a lock. Ryan Davis appears to be safe as well. Can Max Valles make a case to be on the roster?

I will be cheering mostly for Brandon Reilly. I really want him on the team.

I'll be keeping an eye on Jacob Lindsey. He's quietly had a good preseason. I think he's practice squad bound, but who knows?

Other players I'll be watching: Joe Banyard, Daikiel Shorts, Greg Mabin, DeAndre Coleman, & Bradley Sylve.

Edited by Mark Vader

Hopes: No injuries. Fewer penalties. Wenning shows enough to beat out Yates for 3rd string. Someone stands out as a kick returner or punt returner.

Expectations: Some poor guy on the bubble gets nicked and it costs him his career. Even more penalties than previous games. Wenning survives but can't cook much without ingredients, if you catch my drift.

Ok... Now tell us what you really think....