Just talked to a former player from the SB years

major

I have an un-named source that says this un-named super bowl source is a not real.

Prove me wrong......

Let's assume it is 100% "real".

What difference does it make? In what way is the source of the information somehow qualified to make a judgment valuation about this?

Let's assume it's Jim Kelly and he hates the direction of the team from what he sees from the outside in his personal opinion.

Who the hell cares?! What does he know about NFL team building?

His job was to throw a football.

EDIT: Nothing against Jimbo! You see my point though.

Edited by Fadingpain

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's assume it is 100% "real".

What difference does it make? In what way is the source of the information somehow qualified to make a judgment valuation about this?

Let's assume it's Jim Kelly and he hates the direction of the team from what he sees from the outside in his personal opinion.

Who the hell cares?! What does he know about NFL team building?

His job was to throw a football.

EDIT: Nothing against Jimbo! You see my point though.

Exactly. Who cares what some guy thinks? That's all it is, just some guy with an opinion like anyone else.

A good measure of how fans feel about this team is easily determined. Take a look at the re-sale prices and activity on the NFL Ticket Exchange. It is a BUYERS market.

I am an out-of-town season ticket holder. We have had our season tickets since the Bills' inception. Although I have lived in Miami for the past 30 plus years, I have kept the tickets. I try to sell the tickets to the games I cannot go to and try to at least break even at the end of the season.

In the years that I have been able to sell tickets on the ticket exchange, this is the worst market there has ever been for sellers in my experience.

Maybe at some point people will get excited about this team. No matter what one thinks about the "process" or the new regime, the re-sale ticket market is speaking loudly and clearly about whether and to what extent people are willing to spend their own money to buy tickets to see the Bills.

Well that happens when you violate major recruiting rules.

I think Reggie Bush's mom received a house.

Ask the Patriots for the NFL version, they are probably your best resource.

A good measure of how fans feel about this team is easily determined. Take a look at the re-sale prices and activity on the NFL Ticket Exchange. It is a BUYERS market.

I am an out-of-town season ticket holder. We have had our season tickets since the Bills' inception. Although I have lived in Miami for the past 30 plus years, I have kept the tickets. I try to sell the tickets to the games I cannot go to and try to at least break even at the end of the season.

In the years that I have been able to sell tickets on the ticket exchange, this is the worst market there has ever been for sellers in my experience.

Maybe at some point people will get excited about this team. No matter what one thinks about the "process" or the new regime, the re-sale ticket market is speaking loudly and clearly about whether and to what extent people are willing to spend their own money to buy tickets to see the Bills.

That's actually very interesting. Not surprising if you think about it, but an interesting perspective.

I think Reid picked Veach to be his GM and why Dorsey was fired in KC.

Pete Carroll I believe also chose Schneider to be his GM.

it would seem the two should go hand in hand anyway?

need someone you can work with and who has the same vision on building a contender? just a shame this organization has failed miserably for nearly two decades and who knows if this duo succeeds?

No surprise to hear this at all. Most fans don't get what the team is doing.

On top of that, where we are right now in the process/plan is at its absolute low point.

Tough to get super excited right now. I hope that will change a lot even by next year at this time.

It's clear the new regime is starting over.

Other GMs have come in, realized the team had some strong talent to work with, and then tried to get better without completely gutting the roster. Personally, I think this is (usually) the best approach in the NFL. But it's clear that Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott don't agree. We will see.

I have a feeling this is only the beginning of the tear-down. Anything else is just lip service to the veteran players and the fans by saying we are trying to win in 2017. Tyrod Taylor is a placeholder and will be replaced next season. I anticipate Kyle Williams retiring after this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we cut LeSean McCoy next year, or find a way to dump Marcel Dareus. Within two seasons, this roster will be totally unrecognizable. And maybe that sounds like a good thing to some fans.

But the question isn't how we purge the roster. It's how we rebuild. And that process hasn't even started yet. Too many people seem to believe that with SO MANY DRAFT PICKS, we are setting ourselves up to be a powerhouse in 1-2 years. That only happens if Beane kills the draft. If Beane doesn't find at least 4-5 strong starters next year, the Bills will be a worse team after these moves. Instead of being the mediocre 7-9, 8-8 Bills our fans have been used to, this team will become a 3-13, 4-2 squad.

It's clear the new regime is starting over.

Other GMs have come in, realized the team had some strong talent to work with, and then tried to get better without completely gutting the roster. Personally, I think this is (usually) the best approach in the NFL. But it's clear that Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott don't agree. We will see.

I have a feeling this is only the beginning of the tear-down. Anything else is just lip service to the veteran players and the fans by saying we are trying to win in 2017. Tyrod Taylor is a placeholder and will be replaced next season. I anticipate Kyle Williams retiring after this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we cut LeSean McCoy next year, or find a way to dump Marcel Dareus. Within two seasons, this roster will be totally unrecognizable. And maybe that sounds like a good thing to some fans.

But the question isn't how we purge the roster. It's how we rebuild. And that process hasn't even started yet. Too many people seem to believe that with SO MANY DRAFT PICKS, we are setting ourselves up to be a powerhouse in 1-2 years. That only happens if Beane kills the draft. If Beane doesn't find at least 4-5 strong starters next year, the Bills will be a worse team after these moves. Instead of being the mediocre 7-9, 8-8 Bills our fans have been used to, this team will become a 3-13, 4-2 squad.

Exactly. Any numbskull can tear a team down. Building it back up is the tricky part.

I guess I care about what this former player said because he cares about our team. Trust me, he is sad about what has happened over the years to his bills.

Who was it or BS. Also who gives a damn what a former player said. Are they a GM or personnel man? No. Why? Because they aren't qualified. BTW I bet the former player loved how we have sucked for 17 years and we havent found a Franchise QB in 21 years.

The pure hysterical BS is way out of hand.

Exactly. Who cares what some guy thinks? That's all it is, just some guy with an opinion like anyone else.

indeed...first he says they are doing it all wrong...he says they should interview players about their fit, then says he isn't sure they have done this or not...huh?