Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

40 minutes ago, bbb said:

It's a round robin.  Final game is Friday.

Should be a decent game.  I’m confident in Syracuse to win, but I’m not overly confident. I might actually go to this game.  I’m traveling back to Auburn for Christmas, and could catch the game with the fam on the way home.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Watch ESPN freezes up on my television.  I have really good internet too.  I don’t know why it does that.  There is also no volume during commercials.  Weird.  

What do you use to get it on your TV?  I always have to watch from my phone or computer

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Should be a decent game.  I’m confident in Syracuse to win, but I’m not overly confident. I might actually go to this game.  I’m traveling back to Auburn for Christmas, and could catch the game with the fam on the way home.

I'm going to be there.  Bona's guards are going to have to shoot lights out for us to have any chance.  Our bigs are too inconsistent for me to have much confidence - going up against yours.

1 minute ago, bbb said:

What do you use to get it on your TV?  I always have to watch from my phone or computer

I'm going to be there.  Bona's guards are going to have to shoot lights out for us to have any chance.  Our bigs are too inconsistent for me to have much confidence - going up against yours.

I have DirecTV.  When ever I turn on ESPN I can press a button which opens the Watch ESPN app.  Most college basketball games are on there.  Other sports too.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have DirecTV.  When ever I turn on ESPN I can press a button which opens the Watch ESPN app.  Most college basketball games are on there.  Other sports too.

I have never figured out how to connect my directv to the internet. I assume that is a first steps to do this?

by the way, nice win. Buffalo looked strong. Wouldn’t surprise me if that is a tournament team.

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have never had satellite so I may be off on this but by your description you have a smart TV, correct?  So does the ESPN app come from satellite or from your internet access?  I thought with satellite you still have to have internet and it basically comes on the phone lines.   I thought that is what your tv app is fed from, which might explain why you have issues with your ESPN app.

20 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I have never had satellite so I may be off on this but by your description you have a smart TV, correct?  So does the ESPN app come from satellite or from your internet access?  I thought with satellite you still have to have internet and it basically comes on the phone lines.   I thought that is what your tv app is fed from, which might explain why you have issues with your ESPN app.

I have a smart TV that is connected to my WIFI.  I have some apps that were built into the television, but the watch ESPN app is through DirecTV.  The way it was explained to me by the DTV rep, my television is the problem in that it is no longer “technologically equipped” to support their app.  It didn’t work at all last night.  Had to watch the game on my phone.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

That was a good physical game

UB is pretty talented and I expect them to go dancing

Its good for CUSE to learn to play through adversity now than later.

on to Bonnies!

And UB plays #9 Texas A&M Thursday.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yep!

their transfer from Missouri is playing now and they have some good big men and guards

I expect them to contend or win the MAC

It sucks the MAC is usually a one-bid conference. As good as UB looks, you get one bad game or a ref with beef with you in the tournament and it's all over.

They've played Cincinnati and Syracuse tough and now TA&M coming up. These good showings are nice but they have to win one if they want to make a statement.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It sucks the MAC is usually a one-bid conference. As good as UB looks, you get one bad game or a ref with beef with you in the tournament and it's all over.

Yea

thats tougher with a lot of smaller conferences.

but the MAC is still better than a lot of other conferences like the MAAC 

i have the MAC at 18th out of 32 D1 conferences 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea

thats tougher with a lot of smaller conferences.

but the MAC is still better than a lot of other conferences like the MAAC 

i have the MAC at 18th out of 32 D1 conferences 

Where do have the A10?

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thats a good tough question 

in years past I'd usually have them around 8. Probably the best top to bottom outside the power 7

this year maybe 9-10. Still a solid year but not as good as years past

I think in recent years, it would be 8.  P5, Big East, American, and then A-10....................I'm not sure who goes ahead of them, but this year is definitely not good.

I just hope it's good for a 2nd bid, in case Bonas needs it.  We usually get three, and as much as 5.  But, definitely not this year. 

7 minutes ago, bbb said:

I think in recent years, it would be 8.  P5, Big East, American, and then A-10....................I'm not sure who goes ahead of them, but this year is definitely not good.

I just hope it's good for a 2nd bid, in case Bonas needs it.  We usually get three, and as much as 5.  But, definitely not this year. 

In basketball i pretty much regard It the power 7

I put the Big East and American in that group.

but in recent years the A-10 has definitely been right behind them at 8.

they aren't as strong this year like you said but I still have them around 10.

maybe I'm just biased to the last few years

• Like (+1) 1