Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Huge, sorely needed win on the road.  Howard and Battle, once again, put the team on their shoulders.  This lack of depth is alarming.  Nice to see Dolezaj step up with good defense and some timely buckets.  Everyone of these is going to be a nail biter.

Yep yep yep

45 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Great win. I thought it helped that the refs were calling a lot of fouls. Yeah, our guys got in foul trouble. But our guys on O were driving hard to the rim, and finishing or getting fouled.

looks like sidibe must be really hurting...

He has the Tendinitis but I heard he tweaked his knee/ankle

Edited by Buffalo716

i had a lot more faith in scoop than i do for frank.  i think the biggest difference and it may be a progressive thing is that scoop exuded confidence.  Frank compared to where he was last year is an exponential increase, but it's still not at the level at which i associated it with scoop.  perhaps next year we will see an even more dynamic frank howard

20 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

man Frank Howard reminds me so much of Scoop Jardine, in that he can be so good at points and then makes dumb mistakes that you wonder if its the same player

43 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

i had a lot more faith in scoop than i do for frank.  i think the biggest difference and it may be a progressive thing is that scoop exuded confidence.  Frank compared to where he was last year is an exponential increase, but it's still not at the level at which i associated it with scoop.  perhaps next year we will see an even more dynamic frank howard

That's a good distinction and I agree. I think perhaps Scoop's overconfidence led to his errors, where as Frank's lack of confidence leads to his.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Poojer said:

why isn't Boeheim grooming bench players in practice to come in and use up some minutes and fouls?  I understand they aren't scholarship level players, but we can't have 5 starters all with 3, 4 & 5 fouls along with 35+ minutes per

Trust me, they all play in practice.  Otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to play 5 v 5 :w00t: :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Trust me, they all play in practice.  Otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to play 5 v 5 :w00t: :lol:

sometimes you send in coaches or another list of non-suiting players for emergencies in practice

Nice win today.  Had me on the edge of my seat.  Battle dominates again, and Howard plays some crappy defense but just does enough.  Nice to see some life from Sidibe even though he quickly got the hook.  We need Moyer back badly.  I read on Twitter that his Father came and demanded that he not play.  JB seemed pissed about it in his presser.  Seems like Boeheim thinks he can give him some minutes, and Moyer is saying he’s in too much pain.  Every game is so crucial.

great win, they played really well today.  Wake made a nice run with some great 3 point shooting but that is just not a sustainable gameplan.  If Cuse needs 9 wins to get in I really don't see it happening.  BC and NC St are the lowest hanging fruit on our schedule and I don't see this team beating both or even both teams.  If they happen to win both, they still need one win from an incredibly tough schedule.  Fingers crossed but I am not optimistic.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Good win for Cuse today!

Marek is really starting to pick it up! He's hitting mid range jumpers now!

Gotta take one from NC or Duke now 

Loved Dole’s game today. About as perfect a game you can play in every way. Made open shots; huge passes; key FTs; key rebounds; shut down the wings on D.

oh, yeah, and how about brissett?!

consider the fact that we will have marek for 4 years and brissett for probably 3. Those guys as upperclassmen are going to be really good.