DONHOE WILL ANNOUNCE PRESS CONF.

DeeRay

most of you know i'm not a big donahoe fan. i don't think it matters what the dude does, it aint gonna add up to winning a sb. he's up ralph's ass and is positioning the franchise for market, just like ralph wants... which i believe he's done an outstanding job of doing.

his not signing a free agent yet doesn't surprise me. he does what he does and doesn't care who likes it (except for ralph of course).

neither would it suprise me to see him bide his time, go through the draft, and then pounce on the post june 1st free agents... there might be better bargains then. that just may be what he's gonna do.

most of you know i'm not a big donahoe fan.  i don't think it matters what the dude does, it aint gonna add up to winning a sb.  he's up ralph's ass and is positioning the franchise for market, just like ralph wants... which i believe he's done an outstanding job of doing.

his not signing a free agent yet doesn't surprise me.  he does what he does and doesn't care who likes it (except for ralph of course).

neither would it suprise me to see him bide his time, go through the draft, and then pounce on the post june 1st free agents... there might be better bargains then.  that just may be what he's gonna do.

261237[/snapback]

I know someone mentioned this in another post, but there are just not a lot of post June 1 cuts anymore. Agents wised up to this ploy and now structure contracts such that March 1 is usually the big day for cuts now.Agents don't want their guys looking for work after FA and the Draft, so they put in bonuses due March 1 etc.

How do we know that there's not a half dozen irons in the fire as we speak? Too many people drinking the koolade on this board...funny to read the posts. How can you fault him for wanting to get the best deal on a good player? If you were going to get your oil changed you wouldn't spend $200.00 on it would you? I agree with you - chase some FA - check out June 1st. Everyone needs to just relax. Let the guy do his job. Very few people on this board seem to like TD, my question to you is - Is the team better or worse under TD. Have we forgotten what a mess this team was before?

Jeff

Very few people on this board seem to like TD

i could not disagree more.......plenty of people on this board love TD and the job he is doing.........

my question to you is - Is the team better or worse under TD. Have we forgotten what a mess this team was before?

you mean when we used to make the playoffs? it was so long ago i can barely recall.........

How do we know that there's not a half dozen irons in the fire as we speak? Too many people drinking the koolade on this board...funny to read the posts. How can you fault him for wanting to get the best deal on a good player? If you were going to get your oil changed you wouldn't spend $200.00 on it would you? I agree with you - chase some FA - check out June 1st. Everyone needs to just relax. Let the guy do his job. Very few people on this board seem to like TD, my question to you is - Is the team better or worse under TD. Have we forgotten what a mess this team was before?

Jeff

261265[/snapback]

Good post. I think what people tend to do is focus too heavily on one particular aspect of the state of the team and use that as the basis for their entire view of TD. That's not to discount difference of opinion, but at the same time I think you have to faily assess the entire situation in order to see TDs value to this organization.

i could not disagree more.......plenty of people on this board love TD and the job he is doing.........

you mean when we used to make the playoffs? it was so long ago i can barely recall.........

261277[/snapback]

That last quote you addressed was a hook to see how long it would take to reel someone in.....not to long!

That last quote you addressed was a hook to see how long it would take to reel someone in.....not to long!

261299[/snapback]

lmao......classic, bro (no offense, d-wag)