Just got back from the Ravens Game

Virgil

This makes no sense about the OLine since it was one of the best in football last year, save for Mills pass blocking...you realize we did lead the NFL in rushing last year and led in YPC right? You don't do that wioth bad OLines...

One of the best at run blocking and we are changing that scheme, but keeping the penalties. We look arguable worse with passing due to assignment pickups.

The right side of the line is a joke.

I don't see us ranking close to what we did last year on the line

Think about this........

Chan Gailey took a team as bad as this one, and did a respectable job trying to make it look respectable.

This coaching staff isn't trying to do that...........

If we had Wade Phillips as HC, Chan Gailey as OC, and Jim Schwartz as DC, we'd be winning games.

All those guys got cut loose by team management..............there's the problem...............

If you think the this team is as bad as the team Gailey inherited, you're crazy.

Remember Cornell Green? Spencer Johnson at OLB? How about the legendary, John DiGiorgio?

That team had FAR less talent. They started 0-8, and finished 4-4 against a super weak second half schedule. I would be shocked if this team has a similar season, even with the issues the seem to be having.

Pre - season ??

How many batted balls were there tonight?

Wasn't it like 6 to 0 ? How can that number be so lopsided ???

Is that because our QB's haven't seen D players with their arms up in practice?

Could that be because our DC doesn't game plan for that ?

WTF ????

You notice that all the blocked passes were on the same play call, even the same direction. The Bills were probably running 6 plays at most.

I also believe that you can become a mental loser and not understand a winning culture.

It all just needs to be blown up with guys who weren't part of the Rex Ryan clown show. And yes, I think even Incognito is part of that. These guys just don't know how to not mess up anymore. Rex broke them.

Call it a rebuild, can it whatever. But all the players with Rex PTSD need to go.

The problem with this theory is that if anyone should have "Rex PTSD" or affected by a "culture of losing", it should be the defense. But, they are playing very well right now.

In contrast, last year, our offense was fine. There was no PTSD there. Our OL was one of the best in the NFL. There was nothing "broken" with our offense, besides TT's ability to identify and throw to open receivers. Now we are seeing multiple problems on the offensive side of the ball.

We are now seeing is an offensive scheme forced on them the same way Rex forced his defensive scheme. I think we know how this will end.

The problem with this theory is that if anyone should have "Rex PTSD" or affected by a "culture of losing", it should be the defense. But, they are playing very well right now.

In contrast, last year, our offense was fine. There was no PTSD there. Our OL was one of the best in the NFL. There was nothing "broken" with our offense, besides TT's ability to identify and throw to open receivers. Now we are seeing multiple problems on the offensive side of the ball.

We are now seeing is an offensive scheme forced on them the same way Rex forced his defensive scheme. I think we know how this will end.

Only 4 players are returning on defense. So no, they wouldn't be the most affected.

Don't put too much stock in preseason. Lets see how it goes when the season starts

I never have put any stock in the preseason either, but Taylor is the biggest reason why this fan base thinks the Bills will win 3 games or less.

Unless Taylor proves us all wrong, this season could be screwed. And I'm actually ok with it as I believe Josh Allen IS the franchise QB we all have been waiting for for.

A franchise QB changes EVERYTHING.

Edited by njbuff

Not really the same. Rex intended to run his own defense so he let go of Schwartz. Anthony Lynn got a head coaching gig somewhere else and took half of the offensive coaching staff. Not sure McDermott had much of a choice in "blowing the offense up".

He had a choice. And make no mistake he " blew the offense up". The only difference is he just won't admit that he's blowing it up. You aren't going to find an OC to run the Roman offense. But why get a guy that runs a completely different blocking scheme for the O line? One that is known to favor lighter, quicker O lineman? Why bother with a Tyrod Taylor to run a WCO ? It's no secret Tyrod is a limited QB , and that his major negatives are pretty much the focus of WCO concepts. Why tell veteran players that you're trying to win now, then trade some of the best young talent on the roster? Why say you're building for the future, then extend an aging OC in decline? To date the McBeane regime has been one rife with contradictions. Defined by the half-step. It's the furthest thing from " all in". It's now a confused mash of schemes without the proper personnel. He's done exactly what Rex did , just trying to sell it as something else. It's a full blown tear down before the rebuild. The most painful part of that process is now, where square pegs are jammed into proverbial round holes. McBeane are just snake oil salesmen that just won't tell it like it is. It's become obvious what we are seeing, trite lines about it being " just preseason" are ignoring the obvious. This Offense has practically no similarity to the last two seasons. Expecting it to is just buying the snake oil duo's drivel. This is a full blown rebuild that hasn't hit bottom yet, even if they don't want to call it by name.

Edited by Boatdrinks

This makes no sense about the OLine since it was one of the best in football last year, save for Mills pass blocking...you realize we did lead the NFL in rushing last year and led in YPC right? You don't do that wioth bad OLines...

"Best in football" included John Miller (voted most improved 2nd year guard by PFF for what it's worth) and Cordy Glenn.

Can anyone fill me in on the players in yesterdays #1 and #2 OL?

Think about this........

Chan Gailey took a team as bad as this one, and did a respectable job trying to make it look respectable.

This coaching staff isn't trying to do that...........

If we had Wade Phillips as HC, Chan Gailey as OC, and Jim Schwartz as DC, we'd be winning games.

All those guys got cut loose by team management..............there's the problem...............

but not This management.

Pre - season ??

How many batted balls were there tonight?

Wasn't it like 6 to 0 ? How can that number be so lopsided ???

Is that because our QB's haven't seen D players with their arms up in practice?

Could that be because our DC doesn't game plan for that ?

WTF ????

Castillo is now my mortal enemy. BRING BACK KROMER

We just signed Eric Wood to a 2-year extension so that interpretation can't be right. Get rid of Incognito because of penalties in a preseason game where the refs went crazy on both teams? Absolutely not.

Richie had one phantom call away from the play. BS for sure.

It tis preseason and I liked the Referees actually

God, if I hear that term again, I think I'm likely to take the bridge...

fully pregnant.

can I watch?

I love a good dive

Much like saying your nascar has engine problems at qualifying but let's see how it does in the actual race.

you know they take the motors out after practice and check tolerances and or rebuild them right ?

I don't know if I had to see it live or what, but I think I'm finally understanding what the team is doing. I think it's so easy to underestimate the mental toughness and Buy-in needed from players into the coaching and the scheme. I also believe that you can become a mental loser and not understand a winning culture.

Even with all the turnover on the defensive side of the ball (only 4 starters left from last year), they still look so much further ahead than the offense. Why? Because of the turnover in my opinion.

I think that most of the offensive needs to be blown up more. It's nothing against Tyrod, Mills (Even though he's a dumpster fire) or anyone else. The mental mistakes these guys are just used to making is so obvious. The batted down balls, illegal formation, all of it.

I don't really think it matters who our QB is with this offensive line and their super combo of penalties and terrible blocking. It all just needs to be blown up with guys who weren't part of the Rex Ryan clown show. And yes, I think even Incognito is part of that. These guys just don't know how to not mess up anymore. Rex broke them.

And yes, the offensive coaching staff deserves some of the blame for not fitting scheme to talent. This is the same line as last year, but now we can't even run the ball so far.

Yes, it's preseason. Yes, we are seeing vanilla. But the issues aren't about scheme really. This is just an old losing mentality and you can just see the difference between the players from last year vs this one.

Call it a rebuild, can it whatever. But all the players with Rex PTSD need to go.

Yet they just re-signed C Eric Wood who is average and a part of the losing culture.

Not really the same. Rex intended to run his own defense so he let go of Schwartz. Anthony Lynn got a head coaching gig somewhere else and took half of the offensive coaching staff. Not sure McDermott had much of a choice in "blowing the offense up".

Teams always have the right to keep any coaches under contract. Other than ST coordinator new coach did not try to keep any.

Glenn & Jordan Matthews will instantly make me more excited. Cut Vlad, Mills & Yates and I'm fully pregnant.

I know Arnold and you are no Arnold. Maybe a Danny ...

500full.jpg

Much like saying your nascar has engine problems at qualifying but let's see how it does in the actual race.

In qualifier do they use substitute parts and make it vanilla so other drivers do not know your plan? Then you are absolutely right.