Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three points :

• The "better passing ability" you saw in Peterman's up&down preseason (and training camp) must involve a hefty amount of wishful thinking. I also note this "better passing ability" somehow doesn't make Peterman the out&out starter and barely compensates for Taylor's rushing yards - which TT's detractors have always insisted were irrelevant anyway. You'd think "better passing ability" would count for more, particularly given the NFL is a passing league (as we're reminded so many times).
  • My opinion? Peterman's best chance at being a long-term starter is to sit awhile - just like Taylor did. Indeed, the two are very similar : Both likeable and very easy to root for, both trying to prove the draft-day naysayers wrong, both wanting to show there are intangibles to playing QB beyond all those scouting reports and cliches. If you put Peterman out there now (with this team) I think it's likely he'll implode, and his career will effectively be over before it barely gets started. Which brings me to my third point :
  • After ten minutes of Peterman starting, a sizable percentage of Bills' fans will write him off with stone-cold contempt, moving on to fantasies of their '18 draft dreamboat. Why not stick with TT? You're already used to despising him.

It accomplishes nothing by way of evaluating the QB That has a much better chance of being in Buffalo's long term future.

Normally I would agree with you grb, but Peterman's not your average bear IMO.

with all due respect sir

Ouch

I mean seriously, Peterman has played the way I had hoped Tyrod could play.

Three points :

• The "better passing ability" you saw in Peterman's up&down preseason (and training camp) must involve a hefty amount of wishful thinking. I also note this "better passing ability" somehow doesn't make Peterman the out&out starter and barely compensates for Taylor's rushing yards - which TT's detractors have always insisted were irrelevant anyway. You'd think "better passing ability" would count for more, particularly given the NFL is a passing league (as we're reminded so many times).
  • My opinion? Peterman's best chance at being a long-term starter is to sit awhile - just like Taylor did. Indeed, the two are very similar : Both likeable and very easy to root for, both trying to prove the draft-day naysayers wrong, both wanting to show there are intangibles to playing QB beyond all those scouting reports and cliches. If you put Peterman out there now (with this team) I think it's likely he'll implode, and his career will effectively be over before it barely gets started. Which brings me to my third point :
  • After ten minutes of Peterman starting, a sizable percentage of Bills' fans will write him off with stone-cold contempt, moving on to fantasies of their '18 draft dreamboat. Why not stick with TT? You're already used to despising him.

not being argumentative I have a question and comment

2 - define long term starter? 5, 10 15 years?

3 - Too late for that. The die has already been cast in many posters eyes.

• Nate won't be anything but a BU
  • the Bills ARE drafting a QB in 18
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Three points :

Taylor sitting for years behind Flacco didn't turn him into long-term starter material as far as I can see.

Are you so surprised people wouldn't like Peterman since they don't like Taylor? More than likely he's a 5th rounder for a reason similar to how Taylor was a 6th: they're not good quarterbacks. So who cares about implosions, really? He's at least got a chance of possibly becoming something, we know what we have with Taylor and that ship has sailed.

Three points :

Yes Better passing ability, When your offense is based on timing and anticipation ANY QB that has some is better than any QB that doesn't. And 3000 yards and 20 TDs is not hard to replace as a passer for ANY QB that has anticipation and timing, that is 187.5 yards per game and 1.25 TDs per game.

Yes the old school only QBs develop on the bench way of thinking, goes right in the line of Run and Play defense, Defense wins Championships, OLs win Championships thinking of the blue collar buffalo Bills fan, cant be to flashy that is not our "Culture"

And not one thing Peterman will do this year will make me despise him, I think he has a ceiling but in order to see if I am right I like many others want to see him play...

And I see you have still yet to answer a very simple question posed.

It accomplishes nothing by way of evaluating the QB That has a much better chance of being in Buffalo's long term future.

Normally I would agree with you grb, but Peterman's not your average bear IMO.

with all due respect sir

long term future?

honestly, you're putting the cart way before the horse here. you can not base a thorough evaluation or determine where the kid will be in the future based off 3 preseason games, you can't. now if you were to put it more in a wishful line of thinking it would seem more appropriate at this juncture.

you were pretty high on taylor and had basically the same expectations.

I too am curious to see what the kid can bring to the table if taylor were to fail but even then I see peterman as nothing more than a back up and their future starter will likely be drafted in 2018.

what are you going to do if taylor lights it up and peterman doesn't even see the field? you still going to be calling for peterman? not saying it will happen but that's the point, we have no clue at this point and unless he is not cleared, taylor will start.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Taylor sitting for years behind Flacco didn't turn him into long-term starter material as far as I can see.

Are you so surprised people wouldn't like Peterman since they don't like Taylor? More than likely he's a 5th rounder for a reason similar to how Taylor was a 6th: they're not good quarterbacks. So who cares about implosions, really? He's at least got a chance of possibly becoming something, we know what we have with Taylor and that ship has sailed.

this is what it boils down to and If a small hanful of preseason games is already casting doubt over a veteran QB,

Hello...

Peterman has played the way you would expect a veteran starting NFL QB to play while learning a new system/players in my humble opinion.

Um. No.

this is what it boils down to and If a small hanful of preseason games is already casting doubt over a veteran QB,

Hello...

I don't think you're accounting for the Buffalo Fan Syndrome effect, where we're brutally accustomed to losing and the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town

long term future?

honestly, you're putting the cart way before the horse here. you can not base a thorough evaluation or determine where the kid will be in the future based off 3 preseason games, you can't. now if you were to put it more in a wishful line of thinking it would seem more appropriate at this juncture.

you were pretty high on taylor and had basically the same expectations.

I too am curious to see what the kid can bring to the table if taylor were to fail but even then I see peterman as nothing more than a back up and their future starter will likely be drafted in 2018.

what are you going to do if taylor lights it up and peterman doesn't even see the field? you still going to be calling for peterman? not saying it will happen but that's the point, we have no clue at this point and unless he is not cleared, taylor will start.

lets put it in reverse... just play along. I'm not arguing.

If they don't play TT how will we know if he's good in the Dennison Offense.

Um. No.

I don't think you're accounting for the Buffalo Fan Syndrome effect, where we're brutally accustomed to losing and the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town

I think you missed the point

Peterman showed improvement throughout the preseason. TT not so much.

Hello...

see, your basing preseason to cast doubt, just as you're using the same preseason to claim the kid may be the long term future?

I questioned taylor and praised the kid but I also realized neither could be properly evaluated based off preseason?

preseason!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Except for when he wasn't. See game 3 against Baltimore.

And the offense managed a whole 7 points while he was in the game (after Baltimore took their starting defense out).

Do you think this offensive scheme should be what we expect and that is what we seen in the preseason or do you think it will be more Lynn like in Taylor made?

Putting into perspective they either have the entire offense learn the new scheme now and only have to teach a new QB next season this scheme or do they wait and teach the new scheme next season to all the players and the new QB? I would think they would want to find out if the current players can play in this new scheme not see them replay last seasons scheme in Lynns that worked for Tyrod.

If they are continuing with Lynn's scheme why didn't they just stay with Lynn and hire a new DC?

Seams to me they need to run the new scheme and whomever can't hack it needs to go.

Did you just try to say that replacing a sure fire HOF RB that has been the best the league has to offer with a rookie is the same as replacing a 2 year starting QB that has never been good enough with a rookie? Wow

No, that's simply your interpretation. The point is obvious: if we're only relying on preseason performance to determine who will function best in this offense, then that should apply to everyone, no? Either J. Williams should start at RB, or we shouldn't be making blanket statements based on 2+ quarters of preseason action.

I'd link to see hard evidence of that bandit.

FWIW - The only hurry I have is ending the drought.

So your plan is to wait and see what Peterman shows before committing to investing in the QB position early in the 2018 draft? That's a bad plan. Even if Peterman comes in and lights up the universe Nick-Foles-in-Chip-Kelly's-1st-year-style, you still draft a QB early in 2018. Look what happened to Foles: from 27 TDs and 2 INTs to possible-long-term-backup in 2 short seasons.

There's no need for "hard evidence"; it's common sense.

Hello...

see, your basing preseason to cast doubt, just as you're using the same preseason to claim the kid may be the long term future?

I questioned taylor and praised the kid but I also realized neither could be properly evaluated based of preseason?

preseason!!

Chill a bit and think about what he is saying. Too many knee jerk reactions going down,

We don't know what Peterman is because all we saw was "scab" play. Neither Figster or I have crowned NP anything

We do know what TT is and I yourself included believe TT isn't the long term answer.

obvious answer here is obvious.

obviously B-)

Edited by ShadyBillsFan