Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So his punishment was to get home from a game it sounds like he wasn't playing in anyway (if he couldn't practice today)

Makes me wonder if he knew he was out and not suiting up and it's preseason so he figured he could coast in closer to kickoff... and if that's something that was at one point accepted (cough Rex cough)

So his punishment was to get home from a game it sounds like he wasn't playing in anyway (if he couldn't practice today)

Makes me wonder if he knew he was out and not suiting up and it's preseason so he figured he could coast in closer to kickoff... and if that's something that was at one point accepted (cough Rex cough)

wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. Pretty sure he knew he wasn't playing.

He's been day-to-day with the hip issue for at least a couple of days and he definitely was not going to play yesterday irrespective of the team rule violation for tardiness.

There is a saying that your team can never reach its full potential if it's best players are not it's hardest workers.He has to goSent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Nor can it if you don't have rare talents. There's a balance of assembling hard workers and managing some trouble

yes, I was serious. whaley drew up the contract and big stuff signed on the dotted line. you're right, whaley is gone but the contract and 99 remain. I don't condone his wrong doings and to most he is on a fine line, which I agree. I will allow the season to get here and see where it goes from there. also, no comparison to haynesworth. sure, you can say they hold/held the same position but I have never seen 99 stomp on anyone's nuts or put his foot in anyone's face? the guy had 10 sacks back a couple three years ago and with the 4 3 back, he could get back to form? unlike the last two seasons where a majority of the unit was in disarray under the clown show.

he'll either shape up, or be shipped out at the end of next (2019) season?

....first, you need to lend some blame to Overdorf...he is the capologist and contract guru......it doesn't really matter because the end result is OBD's gonads are in a vise until 2019...so he's Fat Albert coasting until 2019 with a wallet chucked......the POS holds all of the cards......OBD has a fistful of Jokers.....

I do feel for the guy but it's difficult to defend him. He seriously has no one to guide him and very little family. Most of his close friends were guys who were getting into trouble a lot and he's (as far as we know) closed himself off from that type of crowd. He says his teammates are his family but they can only do so much for him. And if they are his family, then you'd think he'd learn to stop disappointing them with senseless, selfish acts. When he's on, he's a really good player. I hope it's a minor setback and he can get past it. Kyle Williams has said on several occasions that this is the most focused, in-shape and ready to buy-in version of Dareus he's seen yet. I hope that continues.

And for what it's worth, I heard the rule he violated was doing a number two on the team bus. Everyone knows you can only do number one on the bus. Bus plumbing just isn't equipped for two's. /s

@MatthewFairburn

Here's some of what Buffalo Bills DT Marcell Dareus said about his latest screw up: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/what_buffalo_bills_dt_marcell_dareus_said_about_violating_team_rule.html

"Of course," Dareus said. "I take full responsibility. Once we had our conversation, we had a clear understanding of how we're going to handle things. To be honest, our conversation that we had made everything crystal clear on both parties."

I do feel for the guy but it's difficult to defend him. He seriously has no one to guide him and very little family. Most of his close friends were guys who were getting into trouble a lot and he's (as far as we know) closed himself off from that type of crowd. He says his teammates are his family but they can only do so much for him. And if they are his family, then you'd think he'd learn to stop disappointing them with senseless, selfish acts. When he's on, he's a really good player. I hope it's a minor setback and he can get past it. Kyle Williams has said on several occasions that this is the most focused, in-shape and ready to buy-in version of Dareus he's seen yet. I hope that continues.

And for what it's worth, I heard the rule he violated was doing a number two on the team bus. Everyone knows you can only do number one on the bus. Bus plumbing just isn't equipped for two's. /s

If I did a number 2 on the bus they would cut my ass on the spot and leave me on the side of the road! But seriously no excuses for him at this point, I had a terrible childhood and I don't get the tissues out for him because of his story. I think people that were brought up normal or good give Dareus the pass due to his earlier life.....dont.... he is making his own decisions at this point,I literally have no one in life now and I'm just a bit older than Dareus, but I manage to succeed without anyone's empathy. I became an adult when I turned 18,unfortunately some never do.

He was probably late. He had issues with that when Marrone was here. Things were pretty lax with ol' Rex so maybe some old habits crept back up on him.

If I did a number 2 on the bus they would cut my ass on the spot and leave me on the side of the road! But seriously no excuses for him at this point, I had a terrible childhood and I don't get the tissues out for him because of his story. I think people that were brought up normal or good give Dareus the pass due to his earlier life.....dont.... he is making his own decisions at this point,I literally have no one in life now and I'm just a bit older than Dareus, but I manage to succeed without anyone's empathy. I became an adult when I turned 18,unfortunately some never do.

It is known that you have lethal twos, my man.

Kudos to you for having your **** together. Some do, some don't. I do empathize with the guy and with anyone who's been dealt a tough hand in life. That stuff screws with your head and can really interfere in how you want to conduct yourself in your day to day life.