Bills on MNF

Personally...I want 16 1pm games. Nothing better. 4pm games are ok too because then you can usually get to sleep before the hangover stage sets in.

261050[/snapback]

What bugs me is the 4:00 games on the east coast....when BOTH teams are east coast teams. Two years in a row, the Bills played the Jets at 4:00 - in October 2004 and November 2003, I believe. They did that with the Patriots at Jets this year, too.

Why? Ratings, probably. If Fox had a national 4:00 game, then maybe CBS will try to compete with that. Vice versa for someone like the Giants at Philly - Fox may want the large eastern markets to compete with the big CBS 4:00 game.

I still don't like it....I'm up for the 16 1:00 games.

<praying for sixteen 1:00pm Sunday games>

261018[/snapback]

The 4pm home games are better for me...means I don't have to spend the night in Buffalo on Saturday - I can get up early Sunday, drive up, and still have several hours to tailgate before the game.

1 pm games are expensive.

What bugs me is the 4:00 games on the east coast....when BOTH teams are east coast teams. Two years in a row, the Bills played the Jets at 4:00 - in October 2004 and November 2003, I believe. They did that with the Patriots at Jets this year, too.

Why? Ratings, probably. If Fox had a national 4:00 game, then maybe CBS will try to compete with that. Vice versa for someone like the Giants at Philly - Fox may want the large eastern markets to compete with the big CBS 4:00 game.

I still don't like it....I'm up for the 16 1:00 games.

261314[/snapback]

Sometimes it has to do with ratings(depending how attractive CBS's scheldule is that particular week), but in the case of the Jets, notice that they never play the same time as the Giants, unless of coure they are playing eachother! One always plays at 1pm, the other at 4pm. Both teams draw huge ratings, so the NFL does not want to split its' New York based audienc up. With both NY teams playing at different times, it is virtually a lock that the NFL will be the most watched programming for 7 hours every Sunday afternoon.

<praying for sixteen 1:00pm Sunday games>

261018[/snapback]

The problem is we don't have any prime time games at home. They are always on the road. Hence, we lose.

The 4pm home games are better for me...means I don't have to spend the night in Buffalo on Saturday - I can get up early Sunday, drive up, and still have several hours to tailgate before the game.

1 pm games are expensive.

261327[/snapback]

Couldn't you just get up 3 hrs earlier?

The last time we were on MNF was in December 2000 vs. the Colts. That was the night when Wade declared we didn't have a shot at the playoffs ... while we still had a chance. We lost that night and were eliminated from contention.

The NFL Schedule usually comes out in Mid-April ... before the Draft.

261229[/snapback]

Kudos to MikeH for being the only person in a 3-page thread to answer Melissa's question.

(Good to see you again, Melissa.)