Bills on MNF

It's funny that the no matter how crappy the Cowboys or Bears are they are the year before they find themselves on MNF b/c of their popularity. And ABC wonders why their games suck late in the year...

260986[/snapback]

Going w/the big market teams is the easiest way for them to ensure they will have ratings. Even w/a shift to smaller market matchups, I'd still stay away from it as long as they have Madden on. If the Bills were on, I guess I'd watch it, but I would turn down the sound as I cannot tolerate Madden's tired routine.

What baffles me is that the Dolphins usually get several prime time games every season.

Personally...I want 16 1pm games. Nothing better. 4pm games are ok too because then you can usually get to sleep before the hangover stage sets in.

what the hell does that mean?  :(

260982[/snapback]

I have seen him post 1-15 in other threads as well...

Guess he thinks that is what the Bills record will be this year?

OMFG - WERE DOOOOOOMED

What baffles me is that the Dolphins usually get several prime time games every season.

Personally...I want 16 1pm games. Nothing better. 4pm games are ok too because then you can usually get to sleep before the hangover stage sets in.

261050[/snapback]

Teams like the Steelers, Dolphins, Raiders, Jets, Giants, Cowboys, Bears, 49ers and Packers will always get at least one, if not more nighttime appearences, becasue they have large national followings. It does not really matter how good they were the past season, or what their outlook is for the upcoming season. In some cases it is due to long periods of success (Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins), the televison market share their cities draw, or both! Unfortunately (depending on your point of view) the Bills are one of those teams that has to have a successful stretch going on, to be on Monday night. Their tv market is small, and they don't have the history of success, or the huge national following that other, far inferior franchises have. Personally, I like it that way!

261050[/snapback]

Do you notice that the later it is in the year the more warm weather cities host the night games - we wouldn't want Al and John to get too cold on the golf course. :(

The Dolphins could go 0-16 and still get MNF game. I actually don't like the Bills playing MNF games. We always seem to get wiped out.  The Chiefs and Steelers are a few teams I recall getting killed by.

261149[/snapback]

Yeah, but those games were all on the road ---- which is where the Bills always seem to be when they are on MNF. I'm trying to recall the last time I was at the Ralph for a monday nighter ...... I know they opened the season a few years back against Tennessee on a Sunday night., but can't recall a home MNF game

Seems like we haven't been on Monday Night Football in ages.  When was the last time?

When does the 2005-06 schedule come out anyway?

260974[/snapback]

The last time we were on MNF was in December 2000 vs. the Colts. That was the night when Wade declared we didn't have a shot at the playoffs ... while we still had a chance. We lost that night and were eliminated from contention.

The NFL Schedule usually comes out in Mid-April ... before the Draft.

261050[/snapback]

I'm with ya, but have learned at the ripe old age of 42 to just keep on drinkin, easier on the psyche