Will Trump pardon Joe Arpaio tonight ?

ALF

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I don't think he personally had anything to do with it. The reason I brought it up were the conditions in Tent City, which were inhumane. Everyone knew what he was like that lived there. A good number of them thought it was awesome he treated people like dogs. Phoenix in the 80s and 90s was one of the most backwoods big cities in the country.

For instance, the governor at that time, who was impeached for being a racist, once said at a fundraiser in response to charges he was a racist, "I am not a racist, I have black friends, and black people who work for me, and it's not because they are black, it's because they're the best at their cotton pickin' jobs."

True story. You can look it up.

Everyone knew? That must have been some epic weed to risk getting sent to a concentration camp.

Edited by unbillievable

Everyone knew? That must have been some epic weed to risk getting sent to a concentration camp.

I lived there 11 years. Never met one person who didn't know who he was. Everyone knew the same way that everyone knew who John McCain was.

This was my favorite. He faked an assassination attempt on himself and framed some guy for it. Not just some rumor. The guy spent nine years in prison and then all charges were thrown out. Arpaio, well taxpayers, had to pay over a million dollars in a settlement. Two of his staffers were caught making it up. Nice guy that Joe.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/a-phony-murder-plot-against-joe-arpaio-winds-up-costing-taxpayers-11-million-6629798

Of course I don't think he personally had anything to do with it. The reason I brought it up were the conditions in Tent City, which were inhumane. Everyone knew what he was like that lived there. A good number of them thought it was awesome he treated people like dogs. Phoenix in the 80s and 90s was one of the most backwoods big cities in the country.

For instance, the governor at that time, who was impeached for being a racist, once said at a fundraiser in response to charges he was a racist, "I am not a racist, I have black friends, and black people who work for me, and it's not because they are black, it's because they're the best at their cotton pickin' jobs."

True story. You can look it up.

this isn't a response directly to your post but it really starts to strike me and I'm sure many others as whatever when you keep hearing terms like up racist racist racist racist all the time it's almost upon deaf ears at this point. So when you say someone's racist I just shrug and say what the !@#$ ever isn't everybody supposedly to some people you know that or Hitler

I lived there 11 years. Never met one person who didn't know who he was. Everyone knew the same way that everyone knew who John McCain was.

This was my favorite. He faked an assassination attempt on himself and framed some guy for it. Not just some rumor. The guy spent nine years in prison and then all charges were thrown out. Arpaio, well taxpayers, had to pay over a million dollars in a settlement. Two of his staffers were caught making it up. Nice guy that Joe.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/a-phony-murder-plot-against-joe-arpaio-winds-up-costing-taxpayers-11-million-6629798

Maybe that's what he should have been convicted for.

Maybe that's what he should have been convicted for.

Or arresting the two owners of that newspaper for writing critical stories on him and then having to pay them $3.75 million in a settlement for it. His reign of terror literally had 13,000 legal complaints. He paid out, well taxpayers, $140 million in settlements, legal fees and court awards. He's a racist scumbag no matter how many other racist accusations there are.

this isn't a response directly to your post but it really starts to strike me and I'm sure many others as whatever when you keep hearing terms like up racist racist racist racist all the time it's almost upon deaf ears at this point. So when you say someone's racist I just shrug and say what the !@#$ ever isn't everybody supposedly to some people you know that or Hitler

While I agree with you, this is the guy that cancelled MLK Day in Phoenix. Said Asians' "eyes get round" who visit Phoenix golf courses. Defends his use of calling little black kids "pickaninnies." The list goes on and on.

I'm starting to wonder how he got re-elected so many times. The guy was literally Hitler.

Phoenix was extremely Republican for decades. The last 10-15 years it has changed a bit. Trump won the last election by three points and Sheriff Joe lost by 11-12 points.

Or arresting the two owners of that newspaper for writing critical stories on him and then having to pay them $3.75 million in a settlement for it. His reign of terror literally had 13,000 legal complaints. He paid out, well taxpayers, $140 million in settlements, legal fees and court awards. He's a racist scumbag no matter how many other racist accusations there are.

I lived in Scottsdale for 8 years durring Arpaio's tenure, and while I wasn't a fan, I didn't find him to be racist.

Don't know if he's racist or not...but I am hearing far more "generic !@#$" stories about him than I am "racist" stories.

Don't know if he's racist or not...but I am hearing far more "generic !@#$" stories about him than I am "racist" stories.

Correct.

As I said, I was not a fan of Arpaio. His concept of justice was broken, as he used a pre-trial prison as punishment for crimes yet to be prosecuted. He wasn't a good person, but that doesn't make him a racist.