Will Trump pardon Joe Arpaio tonight ?

ALF

Lotta hate for the pardoned criminal.

@RealSheriffJoe

Thank you @realdonaldtrump for seeing my conviction for what it is: a political witch hunt by holdovers in the Obama justice department!

As little love as I have for Joe Arpaio, he would have been a political prisoner, which is scary to contemplate.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can call it a concentration camp all he wants.

"con·cen·tra·tion camp

ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/

noun

plural noun: concentration camps

a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 193345, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz."

Now, is Tent City a concentration camp?

I know it doesn't matter what I say; and that no amount of convincing will change what you think. This was a terrible injustice today. A man that was rightfully convicted was pardoned. I know all you care about is liberal tears and winning. This is not how rule of law works; he defied a court order. He was convicted. Best of luck to you and the country. Imagine in Buffalo if Buffalo PD was profiling Polish people and randomly shaking them down based on nothing other than their ethnicity. How would you feel as a legal citizen if this happened to you? This is the United States of America and that should not be happening.

Deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor

But while heat wave temperatures soar to 120 degrees Fahrenheit and Phoenix officials warn locals to remain inside, hundreds of Tent City inmates remain confined outdoors.

And during a 2003 heat wave, Arpaio told inmates, "It's 120 degrees in Iraq and the soldiers are living in tents and they didn't commit any crimes, so shut your mouths.” Outside temperatures reached 107 degrees that year, and temperatures in the tents were measured at 138 degrees.

Their shoes were melting.

Place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area

Arpaio, 85, was convicted in July of criminal contempt for violating a federal court order to stop racially profiling Latinos. He was scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 5 and faced a maximum of six months in jail.

During his trial, Arpaio was found guilty of ignoring a federal court’s order to cease patrols that racially profiled Latinos and stopped them on suspicion they were in the country illegally.

In December 2011, as the civil suit over racial profiling played out, Judge G. Murray Snow prohibited the sheriff’s office “from detaining any person based only on the knowledge or reasonable belief” that the person is in the country illegally. The direction was simple: no more local enforcement of federal immigration laws, no arrests unless deputies have evidence of a crime other than immigration.

The agency simply ignored Snow’s ruling. Over the next 18 months, deputies detained at least 171 people without criminal charges and turned them over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, according to its own internal reports.

Tent_City_Closure_17418-e3786.jpg?t=2017

nazi-concentration-camp.jpg

Edited by Billschinatown

AP NEWS BREAKING: President Trump grants pardon to former Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona.

Coward, couldn't do it in Arizona when on camera, does it after he goes to hide at Camp David and people are focused on the hurricane.

NOW you're complaining about late-Friday announcements? :lol:

The sad thing is that it took the administration THIS long to adopt their predecessor's practice.

AP NEWS BREAKING: President Trump grants pardon to former Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona.

Coward, couldn't do it in Arizona when on camera, does it after he goes to hide at Camp David and people are focused on the hurricane.

Lol.............what a perfect illustration.

Whiners like Pasta go on and on about Trump jumping in front of cameras and speaking before thinking (which is mostly true )

But when he doesn't do that they complain anyway............... :lol:

"Thank you @realdonaldtrump for seeing my conviction for what it is: a political witch hunt by holdovers in the Obama justice department!"
"I am humbled and incredibly grateful to President Trump. I look fwd to putting this chapter behind me ."

Tweeted Joe Arpaio, quoted at Politico article, which reports:

The White House broke the news just after 8 p.m. and laid out the case for why the 85-year-old Arpaio — to some a symbol of animosity toward immigrants and Hispanics — deserved the president’s first such reprieve. The announcement highlighted Arpaio’s military service and “his life’s work of protecting the public from the scourges of crime and illegal immigration.”

Edited by B-Man

at 85, who cares. the old bastards days are numbered.

It was gesture to his base that loves this racist pos. Sean Hannity will probably start drumming up support for the next hero of the right that his abusing people illegally knowingly the president will have his back.

It was gesture to his base that loves this racist pos. Sean Hannity will probably start drumming up support for the next hero of the right that his abusing people illegally knowingly the president will have his back.

Have you considered taking some English classes? It might help you assimilate.

where was this outrage when Obuma was pardoning hundreds of drug dealers?

Those drug dealers/users served jail time, many for decades as a result of obsolete mandatory minimum sentencing laws. Arpaio served no jail time whatsoever. His rampant abuse of power should scare any American. Doesn't really matter, he's 85 now. Still a disgrace that he was pardoned.

NOW you're complaining about late-Friday announcements? :lol:

The sad thing is that it took the administration THIS long to adopt their predecessor's practice.

Never mentioned the day or time, just the circumstances. But keep making stuff up to fit your narrative. It was a done deal when he spoke in Arizona. But I guess it would have been too much for him while he was berating the "loser" former POW Arizona senator battling brain cancer. Trump is a real coward in every sense of the word.

Lol.............what a perfect illustration.

Whiners like Pasta go on and on about Trump jumping in front of cameras and speaking before thinking (which is mostly true )

But when he doesn't do that they complain anyway............... :lol:

"Thank you @realdonaldtrump for seeing my conviction for what it is: a political witch hunt by holdovers in the Obama justice department!"
"I am humbled and incredibly grateful to President Trump. I look fwd to putting this chapter behind me ."

Tweeted Joe Arpaio, quoted at Politico article, which reports:

Only problem is Arpaio's referral for a criminal contempt charge was made by a judge appointed by G Dub.

I don't like the pardon as he was found guilty of a crime, but it's a relatively minor pardon given the maximum sentence was six months in jail. It's not surprising given Trump's tough immigration stance he ran on. Marc Rich was the worst pardon that I can remember by a sitting president.

Edited by Doc Brown

Never mentioned the day or time, just the circumstances. But keep making stuff up to fit your narrative. It was a done deal when he spoke in Arizona. But I guess it would have been too much for him while he was berating the "loser" former POW Arizona senator battling brain cancer. Trump is a real coward in every sense of the word.

You're right, you never said Friday. You're still whining about the Obama administration's PR tactics being used by someone else, which is hilariously hypocritical.

This is a much better way dealing with illegal aliens, eh?

https://conservative-daily.com/2017/08/26/sanctuary-city-spitefully-released-illegal-alien-murdered-girlfriend/

Yesterday, President Trump issued his first pardon. He pardoned former-Maricopa County Sherriff Joe Arpaio. One of the reasons that Arpaio was charged with criminal contempt was because he violated a judge's order and continued to notify the Federal government when he captured illegal aliens. Basically, one liberal judge wanted Arpaio to become a sanctuary county. When he refused, the Obama Justice Dept. went after him.

Sanctuary cities are a scourge in this country. Just last week, we were reminded of this yet again.

Santa Rosa is a sanctuary city in California. On August 3, Santa Rosa police apprehended an illegal alien named Nery Israel Estrada-Margos for beating his girlfriend. As soon as his name was entered into the system, ICE recognized he was a violent illegal alien and filed paperwork to have Santa Rosa police hold him until federal agents could take possession of the suspect.

Santa Rosa refused ICE's request. They notified federal agents, but only gave them 16 minutes notice before he was released. Since the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office is 60-miles away, it was physically impossible for the feds to get there in time. Liberals laughed when the agents got there hours late.

Well, Estrada-Margos is back behind bars now. On August 18, just two weeks after being released, he was arrested once again. Except, instead of just beating his girlfriend, this time he murdered her…

This sanctuary city law got this woman murdered.

also no comment from the left when BO pardoned that traitor Chelsea or Bradley Manning

I always enjoy the whistleblower debate on people like Manning and Snowden. They're either heroes or traitors and there's no in-between for a lot of people on both sides of the aisle. Much more interesting of a debate than Trump pardoning an 85 year old ex sheriff who only faced a maximum 6 months in jail.

Edited by Doc Brown

I always enjoy the whistleblower debate on people like Manning and Snowden. They're either heroes or traitors and there's no in-between for a lot of people on both sides of the aisle. Much more interesting of a debate than Trump pardoning an 85 year old ex sheriff who only faced a maximum 6 months in jail.

if Manning isn't a traitor, how about trading 5 terrorists for Bergdorf, who was a traitor