JP's interview

JP sounds really humble. He does possess a swagger, but he also knows his place on this team. He also talks alot ab out respect, leadership, it all has to be earned.

He knows that he is in a very fortunate situation and his cockiness is just a product of his preparation.

Good to here from him.

I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised by his demeanor and his choice of words. He's much more mature sounding than I thought or expected. I hope it translates to onfield performance!

there's no doubt that JP would have taken over last year had he not broken his leg. people are just careful about saying so. He looked great in the preseason while Drew looked pathetic. Remember? yes, it's only preseason...but Drew was pulling the trigger late, consistently. that's the only thing he did consistently.

we'll never know what mighta been. but it was a good interview imo

JP sounds really humble.  He does possess a swagger, but he also knows his place on this team.  He also talks alot ab out respect, leadership, it all has to be earned. 

He knows that he is in a very fortunate situation and his cockiness is just a product of his preparation.

Good to here from him.

260806[/snapback]

Let me see, he is humble yet has swagger you say? Is he also tall but short? Is he rich but poor? Nice but mean? I think if you look closely enough you'll see a red "S" on his chest and a barely visible halo. :(

I am sure he is a great guy and all that but lets keep our beating hearts and fluttering skirts in check long enough to see him actually play an entire game. Then we can ooohhh, ahhhhh and gush to our heart's content.

there's no doubt that JP would have taken over last year had he not broken his leg. people are just careful about saying so. He looked great in the preseason while Drew looked pathetic. Remember? yes, it's only preseason...but Drew was pulling the trigger late, consistently. that's the only thing he did consistently.

we'll never know what mighta been. but it was a good interview imo

260908[/snapback]

I remeber watching JP in training camp and preseason and he was less apt to make a mistake.

Specifically, it was a goaline drill that had the offense attmpting to score on the D. JP was making plays on the run, and he was not as apt to force a ball into coverage. On one play, he made a great move on Fletcher and ran it in himself.

HAHAHA!! I love they end it with him saying

"I've been listening to Tom Petty"

260917[/snapback]

How'd he put it? "I've been listening to a lot of classical music lately, like The Police and Tom Petty." Classical music? :(

How'd he put it?  "I've been listening to a lot of classical music lately, like The Police and Tom Petty."  Classical music? :(

260925[/snapback]

YES! That's exactly what he said! Just shows how young he really is! HAHA!

Let me see, he is humble yet has swagger you say?  Is he also tall but short?  Is he rich but poor?  Nice but mean?  I think if you look closely enough you'll see a red "S" on his chest and a barely visible halo.  :(

I am sure he is a great guy and all that but lets keep our beating hearts and fluttering skirts in check long enough to see him actually play an entire game.  Then we can ooohhh, ahhhhh and gush to our heart's content.

260920[/snapback]

Humble meaning good choice of words, talked of his uprbringing and being homesick, knew he didn't play for a stellar college program.

Swagger meaning he didn't care who was playing LT and if someone was slacking, he would call them on it and try to get results.

Ha...he'd rather have earned the starting job by beating out Drew. You gotta love that.

260855[/snapback]

What else would he say? "I'm glad I got the starting job based on a board room decision and the impressive way I toted a clip board."

I'm sure he is great and will play great but lets not fall into the "everything JP does is gold" thing so soon.

I remeber watching JP in training camp and preseason and he was less apt to make a mistake. 

Specifically, it was a goaline drill that had the offense attmpting to score on the D.  JP was making plays on the run, and he was not as apt to force a ball into coverage.  On one play, he made a great move on Fletcher and ran it in himself.

260923[/snapback]

I remember watching Josh Reed in training camp and preseason. The looked better than Jerry Rice! Get his bust ready for the Hall of Fame!

CW