Why Peterman might succeed in Dennison's Offense

Here's my preface:

I know there's a lot of Peterman love out there after 2 pre-season games. There's a lot about his game I like - reads defenses well for a rook, very decisive, poise in the pocket, awesome quick release, and is a mobile QB. What I don't like - accuracy, flabby arm, and sliding head first on runs.
I personally don't believe Peterman is ready to start in the NFL just yet. His weak passing arm will let defenders play closer to the line of scrimmage. And that will compress the space Shady likes to operate in. I'd prefer he learns nuances of NFL defenses and offenses first as a understudy for a year or so before stepping onto the field. And I don't want to pour gas on this burning Peterman love.
That said...
The following article indicates under Dennison, Peterman can succeed as a starter, at least to Trevor Siemian level in the NFL. There are similarities between Peterman and Siemian:
  • quick processing of defenses. Both reads defenses fast
  • fast decision making. You don't see them pet the ball back there.
  • quick releases and quick passing.
  • both have relatively weak arms for long throws.
Quoting:
"they have relied on Siemian’s decision making and pre-snap mental processing to get the ball in the hands of elite playmakers like Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders.

"Siemian does not have the arm strength or deep field accuracy to hit deep balls down the sideline, but Kubiak has been able to scheme chunk yardage passing plays into the Denver playbook with two concepts, the deep comeback and the backside post.

"The deep comeback is an outbreaking hook route, drawn out below, that requires timing, anticipation and accuracy to avoid being intercepted or broken up.

Now this offense relies on "timing & anticipation" two things that Tyrod doesn't do well. Dennison has said that Tyrod needs to anticipate throws instead of throwing only when he sees it.
If Dennison does NOT tailor his offense to Tyrod, then I see Tyrod failing. And Peterman succeeding.

Here's my preface:

I know there's a lot of Peterman love out there after 2 pre-season games. There's a lot about his game I like - reads defenses well for a rook, very decisive, poise in the pocket, awesome quick release, and is a mobile QB. What I don't like - accuracy, flabby arm, and sliding head first on runs.
I personally don't believe Peterman is ready to start in the NFL just yet. His weak passing arm will let defenders play closer to the line of scrimmage. And that will compress the space Shady likes to operate in. I'd prefer he learns nuances of NFL defenses and offenses first as a understudy for a year or so before stepping onto the field. And I don't want to pour gas on this burning Peterman love.
That said...
The following article indicates under Dennison, Peterman can succeed as a starter, at least to Trevor Siemian level in the NFL. There are similarities between Peterman and Siemian:
Quoting:

Now this offense relies on "timing & anticipation" two things that Tyrod doesn't do well. Dennison has said that Tyrod needs to anticipate throws instead of throwing only when he sees it.
If Dennison does NOT tailor his offense to Tyrod, then I see Tyrod failing. And Peterman succeeding.

Taking away what TT does best is foolish IMO. Just trade TT and McCoy and start Peterman. assured of the number one pick more than likely.

Did you expect any less?

Hope springs eternal. With each new thread that tries to explore fresh insights I hope to find us breaking new ground only to find we're just breaking the same old wind.

I swear some folks are cut and pasting entire responses to other threads in an attempt to avoid carpal tunnel.

Here's my preface:

That said...
Quoting:

CF, I still don't see this Weak Arm folks talk about. Ball gets out of Petermans hand very well, and he has completed some 40 yard, in the air, completions in camp. But I do understand what you are saying on the routes you suggest.

The Other route I don't see enough of these days is the Deep square in at 15 - 20 yards. If set up right, it can kill a defense.

Oh and WTH is the slant and sluggo's? Those are staples of the WCO?

Edited by KellyToughII

Rick Dennison and Juan Castillo are a disaster for Taylor and the OL.

Timing plays might work for Peterman but the OL system does not fit the players imo

bandit would know the OL a lot better for sure.