Anyone else impressed with EJ Gaines last night?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really understands Zone Concepts. Played his responsibility very good. Collapsed the zone when should have etc

Should help White alot with his development.

On a side note Mabin is going to make this team.

Edited by MAJBobby

If anything it just showed how much the other players don't know what the heck they are doing in a zone scheme. I think Gaines will end up starting as a result. Seymour is supposed to have contain and he looked lost

It looks like he is injury free. I didn't realize how big he was. I think he will have a great year in this defense with all the pressure from our Dline. Really looking forward to seeing him play this year.

Gaines isn't that big at all. You might be thinking of Mabin who has great size.

I was following him a bit his rookie year

This was actually not a bad get when you consider we also got the draft pick

People are jumping on beane way too early

I followed him his rookie year too.... my best NFL following mate is a Rams fan and was living really close to me that year so I watched them with him a fair bit. I think if he is properly healthy he is a starter and will be a good player in this scheme.

That's a good thing.

Also with the INT...wouldn't that mean he put himself in good position for that pick? It's a zone defense so it's more of a read and react and opposed to just sticking with your man.

It was an awful throw by the QB. Gaines could have called for a fair catch, but your point of not being noticed is fair.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It was an awful throw by the QB. Gaines could have called for a fair catch, but your point of not being noticed is fair.

Yeah he did throw doesn Matter. He had deep third responsibility there. And the entire route you see him just extending his zone with his eyes in backfield to be in perfect position for any ball thrown there.

Yeah he did throw doesn Matter. He had deep third responsibility there. And the entire route you see him just extending his zone with his eyes in backfield to be in perfect position for any ball thrown there.

The QB had room to make a fit with an accurate throw, but he made it easy for Gaines.

McGloin is just not that good of a QB.

Not really. He made an easy interception, but I didn't really notice him beyond that.

He made some great tackles as well. Not sure if any were in the open field, but I did see him fly in and tackle without fear. Plus, I think he had a few pass break ups as well.