James Lofton new announcer for CBS

Saxum

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cbs-sports-unveils-new-look-booth-pairings-for-upcoming-2017-nfl-season/

I guess with comment CBS accepts that they will have less ratings than Fox. :wallbash:

Here is the complete list of announcer pairings:

• Jim Nantz, Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson
  • Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts and Evan Washburn
  • Greg Gumbel, Trent Green and Jamie Erdahl
  • Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon
  • Andrew Catalon and James Lofton
  • Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta
  • Tom McCarthy and Steve Tasker and Steve Beuerlein
  • Beth Mowins and Jay Feely
Yes last pair has a Female Announcer but as Rodakent would say she is being set up for failure working with Jay Feely.

Harlan and Gannon has the potential to be a decent combo.

Agreed. I love Harlan's excitement and Gannon breaks down the game well. Nantz is a snooze fest. How did he get all of these gigs?

And Eagle and Fouts is an entertaining combo even if Fouts did pick a P in the 1st round of the HOF draft.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Is Phil Simms buried in a shallow grave somewhere? What has been made of him?

He has been "promoted" to the talking heads The NFL Today studio show as analyst.

Phil Simms opens up about the pain of being replaced by Tony Romo

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/phil-simms-new-job-cbs-replaced-by-tony-romo-was-my-pride-hurt-absolutely

CBS electing to put Tony Romo on its No. 1 NFL commentary team caught many by surprise. Not only because Romo has no broadcast experience but also because it would mean veteran analyst Phil Simms, who has been on the CBS’s No. 1 crew since it got the NFL back in 1998, would need a new role.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cbs-sports-unveils-new-look-booth-pairings-for-upcoming-2017-nfl-season/

I guess with comment CBS accepts that they will have less ratings than Fox. :wallbash:

Here is the complete list of announcer pairings:

• Jim Nantz, Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson
  • Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts and Evan Washburn
  • Greg Gumbel, Trent Green and Jamie Erdahl
  • Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon
  • Andrew Catalon and James Lofton
  • Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta
  • Tom McCarthy and Steve Tasker and Steve Beuerlein
  • Beth Mowins and Jay Feely
Yes last pair has a Female Announcer but as Rodakent would say she is being set up for failure working with Jay Feely.

7th is a little high for Tasker

Good for James. He has been color commentary on Sunday night games radio broadcast ( Westwood one?) for years. Enjoyed listening to him if I was in the car during game. Humorous anctdotes and very clear explanations of what was going on. You could tell from his interviews and local broadcast appearances during his Bills days that he was a natural for tv/ radio. Glad he made the jump to network tv.