Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading through these posts and on Social Media tells me that more people than at any point in my lifetime are not ready to have grown-up discussions.

The anger and emotion that is out there is out-of-this-world. You just cannot have a reasoned conversation with anything pertaining to Trump or the alt-right.

I dare not even make my views known on my social media accounts because if there is anything that could be seen as not an outright spewing of hate on this topic, I would be lumped in as some sort of supporter of them. It's pathetic.

Reading through these posts and on Social Media tells me that more people than at any point in my lifetime are not ready to have grown-up discussions.

The anger and emotion that is out there is out-of-this-world. You just cannot have a reasoned conversation with anything pertaining to Trump or the alt-right.

I dare not even make my views known on my social media accounts because if there is anything that could be seen as not an outright spewing of hate on this topic, I would be lumped in as some sort of supporter of them. It's pathetic.

:beer:

I think it has something to do with Jauron being reincarnated as McDermott.

Exactly, just like WWII. On one side you had the Nazis who were violent & on the other the allied soldiers were also very violent. Some even used weapons. So it's a draw. Many sides you see.

I'd considered correcting your analogy to something more accurate...but it's just too damn retarded.

Because feelings are more important that reason or facts. [/Critical Race Theory]

In his latest press conference President Trump has spoken and said that both sides are to blame for

charlottesville

He condemns neo nazis but also states that the anti protest people were very violent and that is not how we do it in America

Stating that they brought clubs and bats with them while charging protesters in multiple areas. Also calls out fake news

Tense times in America ahead

Perhaps if Germans had stood up to the Nazis in Germany when they were a small group of thugs, they never would have rose to power. Never again.

Germans didn't stand up to Nazis because they were more afraid of the Communists.

The rational people here recognize history and say that both sides need to go away.

When are you going to renounce an ideology that has a 100 million body count?

Oh, we don't have a thread on this adequate for your hot take?

I didn't have a hot take boyst.

My thread was specifically on president trumps presser tonight. And theres 10 pages of arguing here so I wanted it's own thread.

He spoke and what he said was impactful. It deserved to not be clogged 10 pages down.

I have no agenda , I'm an American first and foremost and I love this country

This is a free country but we are not free to do whatever we want. We have free speech but we cannot say whatever we want, whenever we want. Making threats, using slander, libel, inciting violence and yes, using hate speech is not tolerated in this country and can lead to an arrest and prosecution. Debate that all you want with your fancy lawyer talk but that is how it is.

I finally remembered that I needed to respond to this still.

If hate speech isn't Constitutionally protected, you'll have to explain to me why the Supreme Court unanimously reaffirmed, just over a month ago, that hate speech absolutely is Constitutionally protected.

Alito:

"[The idea that the government may restrict] speech expressing ideas that offend strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express the thought that we hate.

Kennedy:

"A law found to discriminate based on viewpoint is an egregious form of content discrimination, which is presumptively unconstitutional. A law that can be directed against speech found offensive to some portion of the public can be turned against minority and dissenting views to the detriment of all. The First Amendment does not entrust that power to the governments benevolence. Instead, our reliance must be on the substantial safeguards of free and open discussion in a democratic society."

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Germans didn't stand up to Nazis because they were more afraid of the Communists.

The rational people here recognize history and say that both sides need to go away.

When are you going to renounce an ideology that has a 100 million body count?

You don't know history. Your statement proves that. A conservative bureaucracy and legal system, an army willing to take a chance with Hitler and people not standing up to the Nazis all played a role. Last party to stand up to Hitler? The Social Democrats