Eclipse Glasses

Cousin of my fiancé, his son bought them in bulk several months ago, then re-sold them on the front lawn of their house this past weekend at $2 each. He sold out in just a few hours. The kids only about 10 and thought this out himself.

Cousin of my fiancé, his son bought them in bulk several months ago, then re-sold them on the front lawn of their house this past weekend at $2 each. He sold out in just a few hours. The kids only about 10 and thought this out himself.

Smart kid! He could have made a lot more off of me. I would head a couple hours north into Tennessee tomorrow if I could find glasses, but so far everyone is out already. They could have made a schitton more $$$ if they had made more glasses and charged more. I know I'd pay several times that - at least!

I thought I was ahead of the curve. I got my knockoffs (unbeknownst to me @ the time) months early. Now NASA says not to trust them. Story of my life... LoL...

Good, gonna be cloudy... :-)

Does NASA disappoint you all that often?

Am I weird that I have no idea when the eclipse is, don't care when it is, and don't know what it really means? I guess I'm busy. Just wondering.

I'll be excited next time now that I know Buffalo will get totality, but I don't understand the fascination if it doesn't even get dark.

Life hack: Couldn't find eclipse glasses? Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on your regular reading glasses or sunglasses. The mayo will protect your eyes from the sun's UV rays. You're welcome!

system running slow? Delete sys32. You're welcome.

Life hack!

I went to toys r us today to pick something up and a guy asked about the eclipse glasses and the cashier said they sold out the glasses as soon as they got them in.....if I remember correctly I think you can hold a piece of glass over a candle to darken it and use that or drop acid and stare at the sun.

That was my experience. Sold out everywhere a while back I guess. Still saw them on Amazon but they were price gouging, $50 for 4.

Seems like every place is sold out of glasses. I'm supposed to be on the golf course during it!

I spent an hour out in the driveway sharing one pair of glasses with my neighbors. When it was over I went to lunch.....only to find the restaurant was having an eclipse party with hundreds of pairs of glasses free to all who attended. People had taken off of work and there was some serious day drinking happening on their rooftop deck/bar. That beat the heck out of a folding chair in the driveway taking turns with the glasses. Oops!

I saw news about some twits viewing eclipse without anymore than regular sunglasses.

Well if their eyes burned out is is good to know the USA would be paying for twits healthcare for rest of life.

"Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun

But mama, that's where the fun is!"

8a8609b64.jpg

Or dear Lord!