Can we please keep Dareus Out of the Trade Threads or Posts

plenzmd1

Dareus is going nowhere, at least not for the next two years.

Dead Cap hit if traded or cut :

2017 - $38.5M

2018- $22.5M

Yes, those numbers are correct...so please for the love of God can we not speculate that he is going to be next

BTW, just for info Cap hits this year if cut or traded

Shady-- $8M

Hughes -$11M

Clay -----$13.5

Glenn . $25M

Taylor . $18M

In other words, only guys getting traded or cut of the big name players are guys still on ROOKIE deals..

Edited by plenzmd1

While they are high numbers, I wouldn't count it out if we are fully rebuilding and 3 years out.

It's a on if dead space that's replaced with low paid draft picks that we get in trade.

Plus, then the player is gone and off the books by year three.

I agree it's a ludicrous number, but we've seen teams do worse to acquire picks and weather the storm of a rebuild.

While they are high numbers, I wouldn't count it out if we are fully rebuilding and 3 years out.

It's a on if dead space that's replaced with low paid draft picks that we get in trade.

Plus, then the player is gone and off the books by year three.

I agree it's a ludicrous number, but we've seen teams do worse to acquire picks and weather the storm of a rebuild.

Let's just play this game for a minute

Let's say the Steelers came to the Bills and said we will give you two first's for Dareus....we would all take that deal right?

Shoot, i think most would take a condional 2nd to get that number off our cap. So the trade is made.

Bills have about $8M in available space, so now you need to find $30M to cut from cap this year...how ya gonna do that? Can't cut a veteran that would cause more dead money.

In other words, it is LITERALLY impossible for the BIlls to cut or trade Dareus this year...so we can jus do away with it posts and threads

Edited by plenzmd1

Not entirely.

Darius could say he was going to retire and Bills retain rights.

Bills demand prorated portion of signing bonus as is their rights.

He pays it back.

He comes out of retirement and then Bills trade him to Pittsburgh.

How does math work then?