2018 Draft?

I'm not a big draft guy or follower of college football but I know many of you are...

How does the 2018 draft class look? Disregarding position, I know some years are pretty weak while others have talent all over the place - any feel for 2018? Draft picks are great but if its a weak draft, especially at positions of need for us then it might not help us as much as we'd like - just curious to see what you think.

I'm not a big draft guy or follower of college football but I know many of you are...

How does the 2018 draft class look? Disregarding position, I know some years are pretty weak while others have talent all over the place - any feel for 2018? Draft picks are great but if its a weak draft, especially at positions of need for us then it might not help us as much as we'd like - just curious to see what you think.

Strong, especially at QB

From here I can zoom in on Buckeyes for you - should be a significant group of defenders again, and a few offense. CB Denzel Ward is going to be a top 15 pick. DT Dra'mont Jones. OG/C Billy Price, LB Jerome Baker among others will likely be 1st rounders. Do not sleep on underrated RB Mike Weber, Jr. And a WR could emerge beyond hybrid Hback Parris Campbell (i.e. Terry McLaurin or Johnnie Dixon who will both start) but most of the real studs at WR won't be draft eligible this year. OSU had their little "combine" this week for a group of scouts (Bills were there) and some workouts posted below. Click to enlarge.

DHDlZtWV0AEfB12.jpg

Edited by YoloinOhio

From here I can zoom in on Buckeyes for you - should be a significant group of defenders again, and a few offense. CB Denzel Ward is going to be a top 15 pick. DT Dra'mont Jones. OG/C Billy Price, LB Jerome Baker among others will likely be 1st rounders. Do not sleep on underrated RB Mike Weber, Jr. And a WR could emerge beyond hybrid Hback Parris Campbell (i.e. Terry McLaurin or Johnnie Dixon who will both start) but most of the real studs at WR won't be draft eligible this year. OSU had their little "combine" this week for a group of scouts (Bills were there) and some workouts posted below. Click to enlarge.

DHDlZtWV0AEfB12.jpg

You can cross Ward and Campbell off of the list, too much speed :)

You can cross Ward and Campbell off of the list, too much speed :)

Hand times and a super fast track. Bills scout probably ticked them up far enough on the 40 times to consider!

I should add that Kendall Sheffield was mentioned by a scout as a potential 1st rounder, but we haven't really seen him yet because he's a transfer. Started at Bama then Jr college for year and now he's here. He's slated to start. He's built like a monster for a CB.

If everything continues on course the QB class will really strong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/friday-five-ranking-the-top-2018-nfl-draft-quarterback-prospects/amp/

Hand times and a super fast track. Bills scout probably ticked them up far enough on the 40 times to consider!

I should add that Kendall Sheffield was mentioned by a scout as a potential 1st rounder, but we haven't really seen him yet because he's a transfer. Started at Bama then Jr college for year and now he's here. He's slated to start. He's built like a monster for a CB.

I'm most excited about seeing Chase Young this year. I think that he ends up as one of Urb's best recruits.

I'm most excited about seeing Chase Young this year. I think that he ends up as one of Urb's best recruits.

Clowney comparisons (size/explosiveness)

Reminds me of when Joey Bosa showed up on campus and everyone said "are we sure he actually needs to play in college first?"

Edited by YoloinOhio

Clowney comparisons (size/explosiveness)

Reminds me of when Joey Bosa showed up on campus and everyone said "are we sure he actually needs to play in college first?"

It's amazing how big he got!!

Bosa was a monster from day 1. He always looked like Lattimer from the program / mixed with Shrek. That DL now though should be ridiculous and potentially even better in the future.

It's amazing how big he got!!

Bosa was a monster from day 1. He always looked like Lattimer from the program / mixed with Shrek. That DL now though should be ridiculous and potentially even better in the future.

yeah once in awhile a kid shows up with a freak NFL ready body at 18 and it's scary. Baby Bosa isn't as tall as Joey or have the go go gadget arms ...but he's Enormous looking right now. Going to be more of an inside player than Joey. But he's crazy good. Funny part is he's listed as second string because they have so many DL but Schiano is going to rotate all of them. Edited by YoloinOhio

Lived in Columbus 6 years,have a passionate hate for OSU...my favorite college football team is whoever OSU is playing any given week...

It was fun to go out after an OSU win tho...women were much more..let's say...adventurous in what they would do the first night they met you, hahaha...

Lived in Columbus 6 years,have a passionate hate for OSU...my favorite college football team is whoever OSU is playing any given week...

It was fun to go out after an OSU win tho...women were much more..let's say...adventurous in what they would do the first night they met you, hahaha...

....heard Yolo is the same way