Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

I disagree with this. A healthy Sammy impacts the entire game. He's the only guy on the roster to stretch the field. That pulls the safeties away from the line and opens the middle for Clay and the running game. In addition he requires help at all times leaving others singled. Watkins presence influences every play even if the ball isn't thrown in his direction.

I'm just saying Vegas doesn't see it that way. Vegas doesn't modify lines unless a QB goes down, or like if Shady went down obviously. Last year in the games Sammy was injured there wasn't any line movement from what I can remember.

The Pegulas are knee jerk owners. It took him 4 week to go from preaching continuity to throwing Rex out the building.

Yup. And after two years of the 3-13 seasons we're about to see, and as lease negotiations bog down amid a rioting fanbase, those knees are going to jerk again and chase another shiny object GM/coach pairing.

Giving up multiple picks including an extra first rounder for a p layer then getting 50 cents back on the dollar is cause for concern

Well, it's a new regime. They have no reason to consider what the initial cost was to get Sammie. Even if it was the same front office, it's smart to forget the past and look forward.

WATKINS is a generational kind of player. He had some injury issues yes but nothing unfixable. His physical talents are OFF THE CHARTS. His foot was finally healing. Give him a HALF DECENT QB (not one rated last in passing in NFL) he'd be a perennial pro-bowler, and the kind of WR we need to break games. Now we get middling AND EXPIRING CONTRACTS for a generational talent. Beane is a FAKE.

Not to

Mention that Matthews has been hurt for the last year too

Bad !@#$ing owners man. I said it a year ago.

Really bad owners which is a shame because they seem like good people. But they hired/retained bad GMs who were in over their heads and then let those GMs plunder their way through lost season after lost season in the NFL and NHL, and I've seen no sign that they're learning.

I'm just saying Vegas doesn't see it that way. Vegas doesn't modify lines unless a QB goes down, or like if Shady went down obviously. Last year in the games Sammy was injured there wasn't any line movement from what I can remember.

That's because they knew he was out before. He impacts every single play.