Are you ready for some Peterman????

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should watch Broncos vs. Bears. Their undrafted QB Kyle Sloter looks better than Peterman LOL. 4/5 for 70, QB rating of 158 for 1st drive.

Obviously he should be their starter based on tonight.

Did I do it right?

Yup. He made some nice throws over the middle in tight spots.

Also threw a few behind open guys, and nearly got his TE killed.

If nothing else, it's clear why cardale was shipped out.

Yup. He's ahead of cardale. Cardale's still a good project. But doesn't fit this OC's scheme though. He needs the ball out quick, timing throws. I can see how Peterman fits Dennison O.

You may or may not be kidding but Logans experience as a QB may make him more valuable as preseason continues, he made some plays. This will be especially true if Yates keeps up the play we saw tonight.

I agree!! He's played well as a 2/3 TE, has great size, and I imagine he would be a serviceable emergency QB...

If defenses crowded the lines and made Peterman throw downfield to beat them...could he do that? I have seen very little of him, but all I hear is that his arm is weak. I'm not saying it is, I'm not saying it's not. But if a defense had tape on him, took away the underneath stuff and made him push the ball, could he do it? That was Trent and fitz biggest issue. Defenses dared them to throw downfield and once they proved they couldn't , it was all over. You can't learn that watching tape....you either can spin it, or you can't.

Stop the BS Sean. We ain't blind!

@viccarucci

McDermott said T.J. Yates "did some good things, got us in & out of some plays. Has had a really good camp." #Bills

Listening to the presser you can tell McDermott knows that Yates sucked this game. Literally his only compliment was that Yates did a good job getting to the line and calling the plays.

If defenses crowded the lines and made Peterman throw downfield to beat them...could he do that? I have seen very little of him, but all I hear is that his arm is weak. I'm not saying it is, I'm not saying it's not. But if a defense had tape on him, took away the underneath stuff and made him push the ball, could he do it? That was Trent and fitz biggest issue. Defenses dared them to throw downfield and once they proved they couldn't , it was all over. You can't learn that watching tape....you either can spin it, or you can't.

He's arm did not look nearly as weak as I was expecting tonight, and the TD throw was on the money

Obviously he should be their starter based on tonight.

Did I do it right?

Exactly. Let's not get carried away with Peterman. Although, in 2-4 year's time, he could be some other team's Tyrod Taylor. IF you have the right kind of scheme. IF you tailor your scheme and play calling and personnel to his strengths. He can start. Just like what we're doing with TT.

Edited by CanadianFan

Excellent point. He did some nice things but he didn't really wow with his arm. It seems at this point Belichick would force him to beat them by pushing the ball past 10 yards.

Most qbs can't adjust when teams take away their strengths. The good ones can. A long, long, long way to go to find out if NPcan.

Yates blows and Peterman looked okay against guys who will not be in the league in September. Tyrod goes down and the Bills are bleeped in 2017.

are they? As a Tyrod injury could cause the Bills to fall to a top 5 draft team next year which could put them in line for a better prospect than Peterman in the draft.

I noticed that he was trying to push the ball downfield frequently tonight, but when it wasn't there, he hit his 2/3 reads... when nothing was there or he could run for the first, he did... and when Brady came out of college, his arm wasn't the strongest... but what he did is throw with great anticipation... I saw that with several of NP's throws tonight- even that one that got deflected near the goal line- the ball was in a tight window where it had to be- and the defender made a great play on the ball- that won't happen most times

Loved the confidence from Peterman. Had a couple ugly balls, but otherwise nice first look. Yates...I just don't get it. Why are we paying this guy? It's not like an Orton situation where the guy had a few very decent years and we got desperate. Or Cassel. He's got 6TDs and 8INTs in SIX YEARS of being in the league. There is no value here. Move on.

Yes. I kept clamoring for longer throws. He did attempt 1 or 2 that's in the 20 yard range but they were the fluttering type. THAT was the biggest question he didn't answer tonight.

He's arm did not look nearly as weak as I was expecting tonight, and the TD throw was on the money

Yeah he had zip on the short throws. That touch throw was right on money.

Excellent point. He did some nice things but he didn't really wow with his arm. It seems at this point Belichick would force him to beat them by pushing the ball past 10 yards.

Most qbs can't adjust when teams take away their strengths. The good ones can. A long, long, long way to go to find out if NPcan.

yeah let's not forget the good things he did too. Let's see him make progress over the next 3-4 weeks. It does look like he's been working in the off season before coming to camp. That's what I'd like to see from young players and rooks. GROWTH from off season.

Loved the confidence from Peterman. Had a couple ugly balls, but otherwise nice first look. Yates...I just don't get it. Why are we paying this guy? It's not like an Orton situation where the guy had a few very decent years and we got desperate. Or Cassel. He's got 6TDs and 8INTs in SIX YEARS of being in the league. There is no value here. Move on.

Would you cut Yates for Kaepernick... and would cutting Yates benefit us regarding a compensatory pick... was he one of the 7 qualifying free agent signings?