Rodak the rat

Actually USC and Clemson...

You can keep harping on him not picking up on a defense in a handful of practices coming off an ACL injury.

You can keep hopping from one foot to the other, doesn't change the fact he's basically a rookie being asked to learn an NFL defense whIle coming off an ACL injury.

Plus, him having played in a 43 in college doesn't mean it's the same in the NFL. If you don't realise that, well then I see why I'm having this conversation.

Yeah, I don't really see smoking pot being dumb considering it's legal in some states. Lazy at times sure but kid was an All Pro and one of the most dominate interior linemen in the NFL until Rex showed up.

Didnt know an ACL stopped thr brain from learning a defense

I wonder what it is really though. Is it fit? Is it being out of shape? Is it the knee? Is he struggling with terminology of play calls? Is he struggling with, coverage? He cer

Seems like he might just be lazy, and they might be trying to get him to work harder and understand how important hard work is.

There are questions about his heart and motivation. So maybe he just isnt putting the work in

Not one person ever flagged his work ethic at 'Bama. Don't see why it would change here. Under rex maybe, but this staff is no nonsense and we see that early on.

It's most likely a combo of his knee, learning an NFL defense while basically having to undo everything he was taught last year.

Thay and even the HC said they were going to take it slow with him.

Any player that has a weight clause in their contract means at some point there are concerns about work ethic

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont bother. yiu can make all the sense you want. But the fact that Ragland has been demoted to the 3rd string will never get through these people's skulls.

It must just be the defensive terminology tho.

There are questions about his heart and motivation. So maybe he just isnt putting the work in

Any player that has a weight clause in their contract means at some point there are concerns about work ethic

Lmao, okay so he's supposed to be full speed and reacting and flying to the ball in a defense he's still learning while recovering from an injury.

No one is saying his knee is stopping him from learning, it will absolutely play a role in him not executing as fast as they would like. You can act like the NFL isn't faster than college and more complex than college.

Again, you can ignore the coach him self saying they will bring him along slowly.

It's okay you know better than mcdermott. You know better than the training staff.

I think he slacked off a bit after the pay day, and the year off. So he's probably out of shape. Could be frustrated learning or something. Who knows

Well coming into Combine slow and sluggish. Then the weight clause in the contract. Now sliding down depth chart. There is a want to question imo

Lmao, okay so he's supposed to be full speed and reacting and flying to the ball in a defense he's still learning while recovering from an injury.

No one is saying his knee is stopping him from learning, it will absolutely play a role in him not executing as fast as they would like. You can act like the NFL isn't faster than college and more complex than college.

Again, you can ignore the coach him self saying they will bring him along slowly.

It's okay you know better than mcdermott. You know better than the training staff.

Is demoting him bringing him along slowly?

dont bother. yiu can make all the sense you want. But the fact that Ragland has been demoted to the 3rd string will never get through these people's skulls.

It must just be the defensive terminology tho.

3rd team in training camp when the coaching staff said they would bring him along slowly... it's okay you can strawman your way through it and continue to parade around as if it is not to early to make a full judgement.

What's ironic is to bash the player and talk about his demotion, if he's really that awful what do you expect in return for a trade?

Still doesn't mean we should trade him.

no. It doesnt. But if he's so bad that he's going To be cut, shouldn't you entertain the idea?

3rd team in training camp when the coaching staff said they would bring him along slowly... it's okay you can strawman your way through it and continue to parade around as if it is not to early to make a full judgement.

What's ironic is to bash the player and talk about his demotion, if he's really that awful what do you expect in return for a trade?

you keep holding on to what the coaching staff said before they demoted him to 3rd string.

I don't disagree that it's too early to make a judgment on him. I'm also smart enough to know that he's playing out of place in a 4/3 defense.

Also not bashing the player as I have already stated. It's not his fault he's being asked to do things he's obviously not comfortable with. Like a square peg in a round hole.

Again, I don't think he's awful. I think he's out of place. With that said, maybe some coach somewhere that employs a 3/4 defense has a need for an ILB. Or maybe there is a coach out there that thought highly of him coming out of college and believes they can work with him.

I don't expect to get much for him. Maybe a 5th round pick with possibility to become a 4th if he plays well. Or maybe an OLB for a 4/3 that a 3/4 heavy scheme doesn't need. Maybe a special teams player that can actually see the field on Sunday's. because right now, the 3rd string MLB isn't going to see the field. He will be a player that doesn't even dress on game day.

Edited by mrags

So like.. who in the media do we like?

Sal, Tim, Sully blah blah blah. The guy is taking reps with the third team D.. why does he deserve praise? Because we don't like those who tell it like it is!!

Eh that's premature that he sucks.

Rodak could've waited till he sucked in the preseason game to say trade him

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28420/time-for-bills-to-trade-2016-second-round-lb-reggie-ragland

Spews garbage everywhere he goes.

Has the writing eloquence of a weasel

So, basically he said something you don't like? And this is how you react?

Got it.

So like.. who in the media do we like?

Sal, Tim, Sully blah blah blah. The guy is taking reps with the third team D.. why does he deserve praise? Because we don't like those who tell it like it is!!

Exactly. It's a concern. Second team would be no problem. Third team is cause for concern.

And anyone in the media saying anything bad about a bad football team is a weasel and a rat and eighteen other unpopular animals.

I'm no big fan of Rodak, but there's nothing particularly wrong with what he wrote here beyond that there's room for disagreement.

Edited by Thurman#1

What was he supposed to write? The seocnd round pick for a defense he doesn't fit just got dmeoted to third string? How many third string LB's do you think they will keep? Especailly one that hasn't taken a single snap at any spot other than MLB.

I hope they can at least get a conditional draft pick for him, but it is more likely he is cut. If he looks bad tomorrow he will probably not make it to game 2.

However as many have pointed out, maybe the kid just needs to get out there and play. Maybe going full speed in a game situation will allow him to show some natural run stuffing abilities.

The LB unit along with RT will be the most watched positions Thursday.

What was he supposed to write? The seocnd round pick for a defense he doesn't fit just got dmeoted to third string? How many third string LB's do you think they will keep? Especailly one that hasn't taken a single snap at any spot other than MLB.

I hope they can at least get a conditional draft pick for him, but it is more likely he is cut. If he looks bad tomorrow he will probably not make it to game 2.

However as many have pointed out, maybe the kid just needs to get out there and play. Maybe going full speed in a game situation will allow him to show some natural run stuffing abilities.

The LB unit along with RT will be the most watched positions Thursday.

All I'm saying is give the kid atleast the chance to play in the preseason game tomorrow before anybody says he's trash and should be traded

I think it's premature. He hasn't played at all...

He could be crappy, he could be average

He could be pretty dang good tomorrow too... let's watch and see first

All I'm saying is give the kid atleast the chance to play in the preseason game tomorrow before anybody says he's trash and should be traded

If he is as talented as many make it out and he is playing with 3rd teams (guys bagging groceries in september) he better freaking Dominate.

Boggles the mind.

what don't you get???

He was drafted to play alongside Brown as inside linebackers in a 3/4 scheme. He's not suited to be in a 4/3. To think he would make Brown who has been at the very least solid and at times very good. Who's also better suited to be a 4/3 MLB. If you ask me you are dilusonal about Ragland and what he could be.

Now I've figured it out. Your just dilusional. You have an issue with Brown who has been the only solid LB we've had in years because you have a hard on for Ragland.

It shows

If he is as talented as many make it out and he is playing with 3rd teams (guys bagging groceries in september) he better freaking Dominate.

No I agree 100%

If he is playing in the 3rd and 4th quarter with guys who will be out of the league he better dominate as you said

Edited by Buffalo716

Reggie Ragland bahahaha. Any pictures of him in camp this year? I want to see if he is still rocking the love handles. They should keep Rags around as a reminder of who not to draft.

I don't know much about McD but it looks good so far. If they can't play they won't play.

He's a second round pick second year player on the third team defense. What other story is worth writing about this week? It obviously got our attention. Do you think the battle between Ducasse and Mudge would have generated as much interest?

And I do want him to succeed. I looked at Ragland and Lawson as extra draft picks this year. And I don't think much of Preston Brown - thought here I am reserving judgement until I see him back in a 4-3 on game day.

But Rodak neither said he was trash, nor that he should be traded right now. You're exaggerating what he said, which is likely part of the problem.

What he actually said was this, "If the trend continues for Ragland through the preseason, it would make sense for the Bills to test the trade market."

"If ..." "...test the trade market."

How is that unreasonable? There's room for disagreement. but going nuts over it doesn't appear to make any sense to me.

Edited by Thurman#1