Rodak the rat

ok pro bowl means nothing but originally it did. It was for all stars of the game. I'd just like A MLB with Bobby Wagners game. Why is it wrong to admit Brown is slightly above average? He isn't an all pro

he is the best LB we have now and the best we've had in years. Again, you have an issue with the only decent to good one we currently have. Don't. Have an issue with the OLBs. Have an issue with ragland because he can't beat out a "slightly above average" lb.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with coming off an ACL surgery and trying to learn the defense?

Just writing him off already. Thats awesome.

Yeah so hard to learn a 4-3 defense. And had his knee inj a year ago. When can that excuse stop being used.

If he is with the threes tomorrow he needs to dominate

Maybe you should start a thread on our absolutely terrible OLBs we have on this team right now. If you want to talk about a weakness, that it. Stop trying to make it an issue with Preston Brown when he's not the issue.

He is the BEST LINEBACKER ON THE TEAM

Our defense is going to ride or die with Preston.

I hope he proves me wrong and is the best

he is the best LB we have now and the best we've had in years. Again, you have an issue with the only decent to good one we currently have. Don't. Have an issue with the OLBs. Have an issue with ragland because he can't beat out a "slightly above average" lb.

Well to bad he doesnt have enough athletic skills to play Will.

But he is more in line with Lorax skill set so put him at Sam and play the over and under lineups i expect them to do with Lorax and use his passrush skills

what don't you get???

He was drafted to play alongside Brown as inside linebackers in a 3/4 scheme. He's not suited to be in a 4/3. To think he would make Brown who has been at the very least solid and at times very good. Who's also better suited to be a 4/3 MLB. If you ask me you are dilusonal about Ragland and what he could be.

Yet Alabama ran mostly 43 looks just two years ago, when Ragland was their stud LB

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/smart-football-nick-saban-defense/amp/

He was widely considered a mid to late first round talent for his ability to play in either front... so

Yeah so hard to learn a 4-3 defense. And had his knee inj a year ago. When can that excuse stop being used.

Lmao, so now you know how long it takes for a knee to heal from the surgery. Man, what is it like to be his Dr?

It's such a simple and easy D, considering he was asked to learn Rex's last year and completely undo that in what is basically his rookie year.

Stop the nonsense. They aren't excuses when they are fact.

Yet Alabama ran mostly 43 looks just two years ago, when Ragland was their stud LB

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/smart-football-nick-saban-defense/amp/

He was widely considered a mid to late first round talent for his ability to play in either front... so

Lmao, so now you know how long it takes for a knee to heal from the surgery. Man, what is it like to be his Dr?

It's such a simple and easy D, considering he was asked to learn Rex's last year and completely undo that in what is basically his rookie year.

And Peterson and a ton of athletes come back fine in a year. Fact.

So hard to learn that Preston seems to be fine doesnt he?

And based off what you said played in a 4-3. So what just another dumb Bama player?

Edited by MAJBobby

just stop. Your divisional too. He's a thumper. Just like Brandon spikes was. He's not suited for a 4/3 MLB. End of story.

And if I'm wrong and he is, then he's just terrible and can't beat out a bunch of undrafteds and is on the 3rd team.

If I'm wrong, you won't have to worry about Ragland much more because he will play his way off this team when the cuts needs to start happening.

And Peterson and a ton of athletes come back fine in a year. Fact.

So hard to learn that Preston seems to be fine doesnt he?

And based off what you said played in a 4-3. So what just another dumb Bama player?

Yeah, no Peterson is an absolute freak. Stop trying to compare Ragland to him.

Preston Brown has been in the league and has played in a version of a 43 in the NFL before. So yeah, it makes sense he would pick up on it faster. Very weak argument..

Yeah and dumb like

Julio Jones-Best WR in football

Landon Collins- arguably one of the best defenders in football.

Mosley

Ingram

Dareus

Clinton-Dix

Amari Cooper

Hightower

Kareem Jackson

Yeah pretty dumb group. You are reaching badly

Preston Brown has been in the league and has played in a version of a 43 in the NFL before. So yeah, it makes sense he would pick up on it faster. Very weak argument..

Yeah and dumb like

Mosley

Ingram

Dareus

Clinton-Dix

Amari Cooper

Hightower

Kareem Jackson

Got it your a Bama fan.

But As you said Ragland played in a 4-3 and that he was a 1st round talent. Hmmm so still cant pick up a 4-3 enough not to get demoted hmm ok

Yeah and dumb like

Mosley

Ingram

Dareus

Clinton-Dix

Amari Cooper

Hightower

Kareem Jackson

did you really just mention Dareus as a player that is not dumb???

Really???

I think it'd be short sighted to trade him when Hodges, brown, and Humber will all be ufas in a year. Pretty decent chance Lorax gets let go if there's a replacement plan.

It also costs more to cut/trade him than to keep him.

Between the knee, the new defense, and possibly coming to camp out of shape... he's a bundle of red flags and needs a lot of work. Why sell low? Is he going to be a stud? Probably not, but I dont think u make a trade this early. He's basically a struggling rookie.

Edited by dneveu

I think it'd be short sighted to trade him when Hodges, brown, and Humber will all be ufas in a year. Pretty decent chance Lorax gets let go if there's a replacement plan.

It also costs more to cut/trade him than to keep him.

this makes sense

And exactly what are you gonna get for a second year guy who hasnt played a down in the league and is coming off a major knee injury. What a stupid article!

possibly a stupid coach who employs a 3/4 defense that has a 4/3 LB and would like a straight up trade?

Or just a coach that hasn't seen him play yet and thinks he can get a player for almost nothing.

Got it your a Bama fan.

But As you said Ragland played in a 4-3 and that he was a 1st round talent. Hmmm so still cant pick up a 4-3 enough not to get demoted hmm ok

Actually USC and Clemson...

You can keep harping on him not picking up on a defense in a handful of practices coming off an ACL injury.

You can keep hopping from one foot to the other, doesn't change the fact he's basically a rookie being asked to learn an NFL defense whIle coming off an ACL injury.

Plus, him having played in a 43 in college doesn't mean it's the same in the NFL. If you don't realise that, well then I see why I'm having this conversation.

did you really just mention Dareus as a player that is not dumb???

Really???

Yeah, I don't really see smoking pot being dumb considering it's legal in some states. Lazy at times sure but kid was an All Pro and one of the most dominate interior linemen in the NFL until Rex showed up.

I wonder what it is really though. Is it fit? Is it being out of shape? Is it the knee? Is he struggling with terminology of play calls? Is he struggling with, coverage? He cer

Seems like he might just be lazy, and they might be trying to get him to work harder and understand how important hard work is.

I wonder what it is really though. Is it fit? Is it being out of shape? Is it the knee? Is he struggling with terminology of play calls? Is he struggling with, coverage? He cer

Seems like he might just be lazy, and they might be trying to get him to work harder and understand how important hard work is.

Not one person ever flagged his work ethic at 'Bama. Don't see why it would change here. Under rex maybe, but this staff is no nonsense and we see that early on.

It's most likely a combo of his knee, learning an NFL defense while basically having to undo everything he was taught last year.

Thay and even the HC said they were going to take it slow with him.