Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's your (posting) personality that's the issue. You seem not to care that it's incredibly annoying, to the point of enraging, for someone to repeat themselves over and over and over again, in nearly every thread. Honestly, it should and may get you banned, but you seem to dense to realize it or just don't care.

I dont make you repeat anything. I am sorry so many people around the world are just so spineless they dont want to make a point and defend that point.

And why should i change again because i may or may not offend someones sensabilities? Maybe if someone is so sensitive they get upset reading what i post maybe they should just not read it.

Give 'em hell!!!

You were right then and will be again this year with a new staff that DIDN'T hand pick him.

As much as Rex has been crapped on on this board can we add " Inability to find Diamond in the rough QB" to his failings.🤔

And why should i change again because i may or may not offend someones sensabilities? Maybe if someone is so sensitive they get upset reading what i post maybe they should just not read it.

We went through this last year....you should adjust so that you are not crusading, which is a violation of the TOS....nuff said.

FWIW, that article leaves out Dennison's quote on how he believe that the anticipatory throws can be learned:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_oc_rick_dennison_wants_qb_tyrod_taylor_to_throw_with_anticipation.html

I believe there's a couple other versions of this quote more in context as well.

Don't know if Dennison CAN teach this, but perhaps all is not Doomed? :beer:

I agree with Dennison that throwing to a spot before a receiver breaks for that spot can be learned. Indeed, it is taught at the high school level. It's the definition of throwing with anticipation. My concern is that TT hasn't demonstrated a high level of skill in this area previously and I have to wonder why. That's a fair criticism and concern to have imo.

I dont make you repeat anything. I am sorry so many people around the world are just so spineless they dont want to make a point and defend that point.

Going down swinging, I see. Better posters than you have tempted fate around here and haven't survived the experience. I suspect I know how this ends, but then again I'm not a Moderator and that's all I'll say about it.

No, it's your (posting) personality that's the issue. You seem not to care that it's incredibly annoying, to the point of enraging, for someone to repeat themselves over and over and over again, in nearly every thread. Honestly, it should and may get you banned, but you seem to dense to realize it or just don't care.

Why is there no uproar over the posters on the pro Tyrod side that do this?

Going down swinging, I see. Better posters than you have tempted fate around here and haven't survived the experience. I suspect I know how this ends, but then again I'm not a Moderator and that's all I'll say about it.

Scarey I will tell you.

This isn't exactly new news... he's still the best QB on the roster, and the best QB we've had in a long time. He's a middle of the road guy that does some things really well (accurate long passes, scrambling, taking care of the ball) and other things not as well (anticipating/trusting receivers, holding on to the ball too long). I'm not about to run him out of Buffalo, he can definitely take us to the playoffs as long as the defense is decent. He's just not good enough to *carry* a bad defense. He's also not so bad that he'd hold an otherwise good team back, imo.

Sure there would be, if there were such a poster. I'm not aware of any "pro Tyrod" (aren't we all "pro Tyrod"?) who take it to the degree that Bobby does, where they're hijacking threads left and right to discuss their unabashed love of TySquared.

Sure there would be, if there were such a poster. I'm not aware of any "pro Tyrod" (aren't we all "pro Tyrod"?) who take it to the degree that Bobby does, where they're hijacking threads left and right to discuss their unabashed love of TySquared.

JM2009, read his posts

Are you not exactly doing the same. Hijacking a TT anticipation thread to go on your Anti Me Crusade. Hmmmm glass houses

Again, I'd say about 90% of the repetitive pro statements are prompted by unsupported exaggerations about how bad Tyrod is. You don't see very many posts out of the blue, especially in threads that are generally unrelated, that are over the top pro Tyrod filled with unsubstantiated exaggeration. They are almost always prompted.

The OC's biggest takeaway so far? Taylor needs to work on anticipating where the receiver is supposed to be open and delivering to that spot rather than waiting for him to gain separation.

"He understands what we want done," Dennison said Monday, before the Bills' 10th practice of training camp at St. John Fisher College. "It's just keeping him on the same page, listening to his feet, getting the ball out on time. That's the biggest thing for (us) working on it.

"He's bought into it. He knows what he needs to do, he knows that the ball will get out. He knows where everybody is, that's the biggest thing for me. Distribution and (when) his feet tell him to move on, he's got to move on. He can't wait for a route to open up.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/07/bills-oc-tyrod-taylor-cant-wait-route-open/

rut roh

this cant be the first time tyrod has heard this. like i would expect hes heard it for the last decade at least. once he got to the pros the only reason they wouldnt say it is bc they got tired of repeating it all the time

ive always just assumed that he was weak at that and would have to be productive in other ways cough running cough, not turning the ball over, etc. of course that means he would always be a middling qb in the nfl, but middling can make a living and middling is better than suck. once in a while middling even breaks through and becomes a stud ala rich gannon, but its kinda rare

dennison hammering on it so bluntly now means sink or swim son. sink or swim. they are telling tyrod now or never, and if its never you aint gonna be here for long

its a bit stunning in its public frankness, tbh. you dont often see that direct of pressure aired in the media for a standing starting qb so its pretty obvious dennisions clicker has run out of notches on this issue with tyrod. ty knows what denny wants. the whole world knows what denny wants. do it or dun dun duuuun

Phew, for a minute there I thought the Bills found their QB. Good to know we're back to wandering the desert.

Ooo sorry to blunt for some people. Sorry i am sick of sugar coating bad players or below avg players on this team because it hurts other fans feelings.

Hey, I don't care; I was just sharing my outside POV. I think most fans agree with you in general. We all see the same things, except for the select few that refuse to see what they don't want to see.

Now, I wouldn't call Taylor bad or below average, but I certainly don't think he's going to magically turn into Steve Young. I do, however, think that there's at last a little room for some improvement, although many will disagree. Typically in these pro/anti debates, they are very often represented by people on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. He's either garbage, or he's God; I see the good and bad.

Give 'em hell!!!

You were right then and will be again this year with a new staff that DIDN'T hand pick him.

As much as Rex has been crapped on on this board can we add " Inability to find Diamond in the rough QB" to his failings.

The Bills are 15-14 with TT playing. Without him,it would have been very ugly with what else was on the roster. TT was one of Ryan's positives in his two years.

That's what I meant by "delivery could be better".

You (Bobby) say you weren't "crusading", yet the people observing say you were. I look in the mirror, and say I'm handsome, yet others say I'm not...you never know just how you look through other people's eyes.

Hey, I don't care; I was just sharing my outside POV. I think most fans agree with you in general. We all see the same things, except for the select few that refuse to see what they don't want to see.

Now, I wouldn't call Taylor bad or below average, but I certainly don't think he's going to magically turn into Steve Young. I do, however, think that there's at last a little room for some improvement, although many will disagree. Typically in these pro/anti debates, they are very often represented by people on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. He's either garbage, or he's God; I see the good and bad.

Maybe Bad was a little Harsh. But i put hik with the likes of those low end starters might get you in playoffs, maybe win on but thats about it.

With this type of QB one that the rest of the team has to pick up ie WRs make him look good not other way around you have to play flawless football or you lose. For 17 years we have been doing that and see the results. Until that position is solidfied with a above AVG to top end QB the Bills will continue to flounder

That's what I meant by "delivery could be better".

You (Bobby) say you weren't "crusading", yet the people observing say you were. I look in the mirror, and say I'm handsome, yet others say I'm not...you never know just how you look through other people's eyes.

And yet can say the samething about good ole coach Tuesday if i was ultra sensitive