Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

There is no "option". There is just year 2 of a 2 year deal that pays him (I think) $18m in 2018. Even as someone who believes there is next to no chance he is long term answer I think if he performs the same again then you keep him for that year draft his replacement in the 1st and let that guy sit and learn for a few weeks before throwing him in. If the rookie decisively beats Tyrod out in camp - great... you know he has beaten out a legit NFL starter not a bloke who can't even stand up on a mat. But unless Tyrod wows me in 2017 and proves beyond doubt to be a franchise guy then 2018 should be his 4th and final season on the Bills.

Yep, all of that.

I think what Bobby's referring to is Tyrod's roster bonus that hits in March(?). If he's cut before then it doesn't hit our books.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady's coach and Alshon Jeffery/Torrey Smith = Woooooooooo!

I don't care about Brady's coach as that is over rated but they certainly improved the WR corp. Glad to see Boldin in camp and the Bills kind of doing the same for TT. A motivated Jeffery should do big things for Wentz this year. I still don't think he has "it" though.

Yep, all of that.

I think what Bobby's referring to is Tyrod's roster bonus that hits in March(?). If he's cut before then it doesn't hit our books.

But even if it does it is a 1 year commitment to a serviceable bridge QB while your rook learns. Like Chicago just did. It makes sense.

There is no "option". There is just year 2 of a 2 year deal that pays him (I think) $18m in 2018. Even as someone who believes there is next to no chance he is long term answer I think if he performs the same again then you keep him for that year draft his replacement in the 1st and let that guy sit and learn for a few weeks before throwing him in. If the rookie decisively beats Tyrod out in camp - great... you know he has beaten out a legit NFL starter not a bloke who can't even stand up on a mat. But unless Tyrod wows me in 2017 and proves beyond doubt to be a franchise guy then 2018 should be his 4th and final season on the Bills.

I think there are a few available qb's who can function as that bridge beyond Tyrod should he not be the guy. Brees I believe is technically available. Same with Stafford. Cousins if you think he can be a franchise guy. Tannehill is likely cut. Bradford is available in that middle tier bridge.

Alex Smith also has a nice potential out if they decide to roll with Mahomes.

However, if any or all of them are available. Most of those teams are looking for new QBs, so the draft becomes harder to move in. Pittsburgh may be looking too if big ben retires.

Edited by dneveu

No other NFL qbs throw for TDs in garbage time or against bad teams--only Tyrod.

So if Taylor scores a lot of points he sucks because it's "garbage time." COTH logic. Only in their world is scoring a lot of points a negative.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think there are a few available qb's who can function as that bridge beyond Tyrod should he not be the guy. Brees I believe is technically available. Same with Stafford. Cousins if you think he can be a franchise guy. Tannehill is likely cut. Bradford is available in that middle tier bridge.

Alex Smith also has a nice potential out if they decide to roll with Mahomes.

However, if any or all of them are available. Most of those teams are looking for new QBs, so the draft becomes harder to move in. Pittsburgh may be looking too if big ben retires.

If one of them is available and wants to sign a 1 year bridge deal you have a choice. No chance in hell Brees or Stafford come free. None.

If one of them is available and wants to sign a 1 year bridge deal you have a choice. No chance in hell Brees or Stafford come free. None.

The lions have the space so no worries there. The saints are a mess. If brees were to leave, i expect him to end up in pittsburgh or something. Build an NFL super team to try and beat brady :D

We have to make the decision before we know who the new guy would be, free agency and the draft both occur after. Thats the tricky part.

Edited by dneveu

Nice deflection. Did you even attempt to back up your post? Let's do a refresher.

This is what you said. 'More to do with the success of this offense than ANY other player on it.'

I asked you to prove it an ANY quantifiable way. I in no way insinuated Shady wasn't good, or wouldn't be successful without Tyrod.

Here's why I disagree with your statement:

Tyrod had 573 total attempts in 2016, Shady had 291. Tyrod had 23 total TDs, Shady had 14. Tyrod had 3,411 yards, Shady had 1,623.

Please see the above. If you'd like to provide a counter argument with any sort of research or data I'm happy to look at it.

Good God with these arguments.

Would you argue Fitz had more to do with the offensive success in 2011 than Fred Jackson?

Edited by jmc12290