Plumbing question

Gasket between tank and seat either not installed or not install correctly. Or your son is peeing on the floor and won't admit it

Without the gasket between tank and bowl water would pour out IMO Jack, but the tank is probably not tightened down evenly or enough If water drips out between tank and bowl.

Improper seating of wax seal or bad flange If leaking at the base of toilets IMO.

Its good to sit on the toilet and wiggle it around until it settles evenly before tightening it to the floor after installing a new wax seal.

does your son lean back while on the pot? if pressure is applied to the tank, it will leak, then pressure is removed, it doesn't leak...

yup, If the tank to bowl nuts are not tightened evenly/properly.

I also suggest putting a spacer between the back of the tank and wall If needed.

OP... Is it clean water or dirty water. Have Son replicate it.

Add this to the BOWl:

41-gWwSyvmL._SY400_.jpg

You may have to hit it w/an UV light...

Or... Just take piss or messy crap first.

:-/

Anyway... I gotta get going to work for 1800... Something about an Interstate shooting and they have I-94 shut down. Not sure how my usual 20 minute drive will go!

:-(

Oh... If you use that and get nothing. Then add to tank and check bolts, etc... High to low.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I've got one. We just moved into a new house and the shower has this setup.

The middle knob controls changing from the shower to the tub. However when turned the tub "faucet" still runs. Can I fix it or do I need to replace all of the knobs? Or is it an issue with the lower faucet not being sealed off completely? 01-81BC.jpg

If you're mechanically inclined, you could probably fix it yourself. Take it apart and see what what lies behind it, take that into a Home Depot or Lowe's and see if you can get a replacement. It might be just something as simple as a gasket. Ask advice from one of the workers.

I've got one. We just moved into a new house and the shower has this setup.

The middle knob controls changing from the shower to the tub. However when turned the tub "faucet" still runs. Can I fix it or do I need to replace all of the knobs? Or is it an issue with the lower faucet not being sealed off completely? 01-81BC.jpg

Problem is most likely in the diverter and you probably want to call an experienced plumber to get it fixed IMO.

Takes special tools and the know how...

Problem is most likely in the diverter and you probably want to call an experienced plumber to get it fixed IMO.

Tools are cheap now. Internet.

Years ago, different story. I have my father's simple "basin wrench" from 40 years ago... All my father did back then was bellyache how "specialized" and "expensive" it was. Of course, this was before Harbor Freight and the cheap Chinese tools. But a Chinese basin wrench for under $20 will serve the purpose, not a plumber using it everyday.

Anyway, neighbor was changing a kitchen faucet... I let him use the basin wrench, said: "Take this just in case!" Boy, he got to his father in-laws a bunch of miles away to change faucet and needed it! My neighbor thanked me for letting him take that basin wrench along.

6 bucks:

https://jet.com/product/detail/9bd3d4aa696b47358c12f999aa2fc17d?jcmp=pla:ggl:wm_dur_gen_tools_home_improvement_a3:tools_home_improvement_power_hand_tools_wrenches_socket_sets_a3:na:PLA_876533233_46918988627_9bd3d4aa696b47358c12f999aa2fc17d:na:na:na:2PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=876533233&is_retargeting=true&clickid=49c79355-e41f-4fd4-9da9-d52f81ed9fa3

31iLtHp1Z6L._SY400_.jpg

36 bucks:

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Milwaukee-48-22-7002-Basin-Wrench-2-5-Capacity?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqu_U6YjL1QIVBhxpCh2cFg7SEAQYCCABEgJ4avD_BwE

48-22-7002-5.jpg

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Tools are cheap now. Internet.

Years ago, different story. I have my father's simple "basin wrench" from 40 years ago... All my father did back then was bellyache how "specialized" and "expensive" it was. Of course, this was before Harbor Freight and the cheap Chinese tools. But a Chinese basin wrench for under $20 will serve the purpose, not a plumber using it everyday.

Anyway, neighbor was changing a kitchen faucet... I let him use the basin wrench, said: "Take this just in case!" Boy, he got to his father in-laws a bunch of miles away to change faucet and needed it! My neighbor thanked me for letting him take that basin wrench along.

6 bucks:

https://jet.com/product/detail/9bd3d4aa696b47358c12f999aa2fc17d?jcmp=pla:ggl:wm_dur_gen_tools_home_improvement_a3:tools_home_improvement_power_hand_tools_wrenches_socket_sets_a3:na:PLA_876533233_46918988627_9bd3d4aa696b47358c12f999aa2fc17d:na:na:na:2PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=876533233&is_retargeting=true&clickid=49c79355-e41f-4fd4-9da9-d52f81ed9fa3

31iLtHp1Z6L._SY400_.jpg

36 bucks:

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Milwaukee-48-22-7002-Basin-Wrench-2-5-Capacity?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqu_U6YjL1QIVBhxpCh2cFg7SEAQYCCABEgJ4avD_BwE

48-22-7002-5.jpg

its a great tool and doing some jobs without it is next to impossible :thumbsup:

I had a similar issue. I tightened the bolts connecting the tank to the base. Problem solved. Could be the flange though. If so it's a bit more time consuming but still an easy DIY fix.

Yeah... But we still don't know what they mean by "water on the floor." Is it pissy water, fresh water? It would sure help if we knew if it was clean or dirty. It's fresh and clean, it is coming from where you said. If its "dirty" it is coming from the bowl/drain/flange. Wax ring issue.

That simple determination would help greatly in order to isolate the issue.

Any updates OP?

Yeah... But we still don't know what they mean by "water on the floor." Is it pissy water, fresh water? It would sure help if we knew if it was clean or dirty. It's fresh and clean, it is coming from where you said. If its "dirty" it is coming from the bowl/drain/flange. Wax ring issue.

That simple determination would help greatly in order to isolate the issue.

Any updates OP?

It hasn't happened again and I can't replicate it.

If you're mechanically inclined, you could probably fix it yourself. Take it apart and see what what lies behind it, take that into a Home Depot or Lowe's and see if you can get a replacement. It might be just something as simple as a gasket. Ask advice from one of the workers.

Thanks for the answer. I'm more of a leave it to the professionals kind of guy :lol: