Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I saw Neil Young & Crazy Horse when they put out the Rust Never Sleeps album back in 79 or 80, fantastic show. I remember those little aliens with the glowing eyes too.

Saw this show in Biloxi of all places. Bought a t-shirt after the concert only to have it stolen 2 days later. I was heading out of there anyways so I was like whatever....

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of years ago I had a Dutch girlfriend. She gave me the LP "10 Mistakes" by the Dutch band Gruppo Sportivo. Pretty funny stuff. The song I like best is "Superman". If the long (2 minute) intro sounds familiar to you, it is Zappa's "Take your clothes of when you dance". The real fun starts afterward (the lyrics are the main attraction).

Edited by DrW
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, DrW said:

Lots of years ago I had a Dutch girlfriend. She gave me the LP "10 Mistakes" by the Dutch band Gruppo Sportivo. Pretty funny stuff. The song I like best is "Superman". If the long (2 minute) intro sounds familiar to you, it is Zappa's "Take your clothes of when you dance". The real fun starts afterward (the lyrics are the main attraction).

Lol... the Lumpy Gravy version. That sounds like The Tubes meet FZ. Thanks for this one...

• Like (+1) 1

Huge fan until after "In the Land of Grey and Pink"... they split up and it was never the same. I had wondered where some of this stuff had gone from youtube but someone put this together... 1st 2 songs are pretty legit.

Today I did a teaching peer review for one of our younger faculty members (this is where senior faculty observes a lecture and gives constructive criticism). In general, the lecture was well-done. However, every time a slide contained some written text, the young assistant professor read it (which is fine), but also accompanied his words by following the slide text with a pointer. Of course, this is completely unnecessary, but I also remembered I had seen that before...

(You have to be a bit patient; the first occurrence is around 1:45)

• Haha (+1) 1