Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

2 hours ago, Pete said:

More real musicians making awesome music with integrity

More kick ass music in 70s by real musicians, not musical sheisters

Love love love both UFO and Scorps. Although the Scorps World Wide Live album came off as an over-produced sell out to me (saw them twice on that tour and they were great). Anyway, to each their own, but I'm not on board with 70's Aerosmith being musical sheisters, what they became doesn't define what they were for me.

Nil recurring

one of the great clips of music I had never heard before I learned about them here. gracias for the gift. I am less than 20 pages from finishing archiving posts so I can find songs and artists more easily in the forum. after that I am sure my own activity here wiil taper off.

In any case we all have different tasttes in music. . clearly we don't always agree or share thaat same taste. That's fine. having said that  enough about aerosmith ***** *****

Edited by muppy

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Had high hopes for Billy Squier based on the first song I heard.  Never lived up to the hopes but had some good songs. 

lonely is the night was a major hit for him. Even if his career didn't live up to hopes Mr Squier indeed did very well for himself. Having mainstream radio hits should mean a lifetime of financial security. I see people I know in indie who had that one pretty big hit. And hence were able to buy homes for themselves and continue supporting themselves in music with future tours. Which is not an easy thing to do by any means. No guarantee on rock stars being financially responsible though. 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Love love love both UFO and Scorps. Although the Scorps World Wide Live album came off as an over-produced sell out to me (saw them twice on that tour and they were great). Anyway, to each their own, but I'm not on board with 70's Aerosmith being musical sheisters, what they became doesn't define what they were for me.

UFO and 70s Scorpions rock!  To each their own my friend.  It would be no fun if we had all the exact same tastes and beliefs.

My punk rock ethos - DIY, Question Authority, Be True To Your Art, ***** the Norm, Be Original, Never Sellout.  You can still paid, but never sell out.  You own that spot are standing

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

lonely is the night was a major hit for him. Even if his career didn't live up to hopes Mr Squier indeed did very well for himself. Having mainstream radio hits should mean a lifetime of financial security. I see people I know in indie who had that one pretty big hit. And hence were able to buy homes for themselves and continue supporting themselves in music with future tours. Which is not an easy thing to do by any means. No guarantee on rock stars being financially responsible though. 🙂

I was reading about Robert Tepper and watched a podcast of him lately.  The song below was really his only known one.  But he seems to have done well overall for a lifetime where music was his livelihood.  He was a co writer on Into The Night.

its funny when he started this performance saying this might be why you spent your $20.  So he has a sense of humor about it.  But his performance is still priceless.  It’s an epic song and I can’t stand the word epic.  Lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

porcupine tree

umphree McGee mashup sweet funk emotion

sound city players mantra Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, Trent Reznor

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1