Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 8/3/2024 at 4:04 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this is sad news. an iconic band whom will never be forgotten. I always liked this song of theirs. sucks for Steven Tyler and all his fans

Edited by muppy

6 hours ago, muppy said:

this is sad news. an iconic band whom will never be forgotten. I always liked this song of theirs. sucks for Steven Tyler and all his fans

Aerosmith lip synchs.  I love real rock and roll!

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Aerosmith lip synchs.  I love real rock and roll!

did you read up thread regarding his voice. In view of that your comment is pretty poor taste wouldn't you say?

1 hour ago, muppy said:

did you read up thread regarding his voice. In view of that your comment is pretty poor taste wouldn't you say?

They lipped synched in the 90s. Sell outs

https://1067wllz.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2023-10-27-steven-tyler-was-accused-of-lip-syncing-by-chris-robinson/I

“Who said that all these bands that headline arenas are allowed to go out and sing to backup tapes? Aerosmith did it – I love Aerosmith to death. But you bore me when you sing to a backup tape… If you’re an entertainer and you take it seriously, you entertain with your natural abilities. You go onstage and take a chance like everyone else.”

Edited by Pete

On 7/18/2024 at 9:44 AM, muppy said:

GOOD MORNING TBD!

Now here is a band/ artist  I know next to nothing about.  His name came up and I needed Google. So he was mostly a classic hits guy back when I was raising kids. His music for me is a 5 from what I've heard so far.  Any suggestions? He was performing with SUPER tight pants on . I didn't need to see that lol

Had high hopes for Billy Squier based on the first song I heard.  Never lived up to the hopes but had some good songs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Any love for pre-80's Aerosmith? IMO, they were bad-@ss in the 70's and then tapered off in the early/mid 80's.

I got rid of every Aerosmith record I had.  They are the Milli Vanilli of rock and roll, and I lost all respect.  Real rock and roll in 70s- here is real musicians taking a chance and kicking ass live-

On 7/31/2024 at 9:05 AM, Ralonzo said:

I wasn't aware anyone apart from me actually owned Swervedriver discs. They fit into that "psychedelic grunge" space of the early/mid-90's. The best US example, that I post pretty often and will do again since it came up, being Seattle's own Love Battery. Yet another deeply underappreciated band (giving them the nod over Screaming Trees who at least had some run on the Alt-scene). They also have that thing where the guitarists seem like they're playing different songs but will occasionally gather up for a break or chorus.

Oh ***** yeay I do hahahaha.   I  hooked into them at Raise, then ***** Mezcal Head came out...  hahahahahha- gorgeous, front-to -back!!!  

I met Adam Franklin a few times in life... first at a place called EJ's - basically a Portland punk- dungeon in about 1990, then on later shows at Neumos and the Filmore   I mean, just sat down and had a beer with them... very nice peoples

• Like (+1) 1