Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Whats with the triple-play @muppy?

they are the same song but  each has a unique signature, to me anyway.. I am using the thread lately for archive so  for me it makes sense putting them together.  

my snarky answer would be to ask my shrink lol

GOOD MORNING TBD!

Now here is a band/ artist  I know next to nothing about.  His name came up and I needed Google. So he was mostly a classic hits guy back when I was raising kids. His music for me is a 5 from what I've heard so far.  Any suggestions? He was performing with SUPER tight pants on . I didn't need to see that lol

@Ralonzo This is one my son shared with me.  I bet you and he would be peas and carrots musically. Other than he I'd have never heard this. But it is danged good.

feel too good the move nathan

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

@Ralonzo This is one my son shared with me.  I bet you and he would be peas and carrots musically. Other than he I'd have never heard this. But it is danged good.

This was where most people first heard of a guy named Jeff Lynne of a fellow Birmingham band called The Idle Race, whom Move leader-by-default Roy Wood brought in for a new project he had in mind to make rock'n'roll with both standard guitar/bass/drums combined with classical instrumentation... an electric "light orchestra" if you will.

However the Move being contracted for a couple more albums, that would have to wait a little bit. Your track was on the Move's 3rd album (1970) and the next time they went to the studio they recorded a whole slew of songs. Half became The Move's final album "Message From The Country" to capitalize on their cachet (and cash) and half becoming the first Electric Light Orchestra album. However it was the same people, same studio, at the same time and some crossover in arrangement of course (i.e. the oboe on the Move track Words Of Aaron).

Despite the two distinct releases it was essentially one band going forward at ELO with the Move being retired. Roy Wood's primacy would soon be supplanted by Lynne's increasing proliferation and stage presence, with Wood departing during the ELO II sessions. Music press speculated that without Wood, the ELO was doomed and looked forward to the success of Wood's new band Wizzard. Wood was a brilliant writer of deeply hooky singles, penning a string of top-20 singles in the Move. For a couple years (at least in England) it was so. But Lynne had impeccable pop chops and eyes toward breaking through in the United States...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

what the actual **** this band is soooo snarky

the black keys wild child

janes addiction summertime rolls

audio slave like a stone

Edited by muppy