Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

My heart was crushed the day this gentleman died in the early days of Covid.  It's still kinda crushed

I'm still absolutely stunned at how incredibly stupid some of my fellow apes are.  I mean, seriously you have a question as to whether this is a deadly disease, and should I put bleach and sunlight into my stomach????

Hard to find decent new rock these days.  This Australian Pub band fits that bill.  Killer bass lines, guitar riffs, solos, and a superstar Lead Singer.  Coming to Buffalo at Babeville on August 3rd.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2024 at 4:59 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I do like that song!  Thanks for the mention. 

interesting choice. I never followed Cake that much. this was the song I always knew them by. 💃🏿 that song you posted I think the lyrics are twisted and manipulative. "let me go, and I will want you more?" lol snarky!

cake

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, muppy said:

interesting choice. I never followed Cake that much. this was the song I always knew them by. 💃🏿 that song you posted I think the lyrics are twisted and manipulative. "let me go, and I will want you more?" lol snarky!

I thought it was timely, and given your offering of "Tuesday's Gone", a song reflecting the often complicated relationship between man and woman.   Maybe, had Tuesday's paramour followed the advice offered in "Let Me Go", he might have completely blown her mind and she'd be begging for him to take her back.   That, of course, might have lead to another song, "Tuesday's back" lamenting the endless droning on about picking up clothes and leaving the toilet seat up.  That's a question for another day. 

Anyway, I know it's silly little song but I like it.  I also like "Short Skirt", and to be completely honest, it makes me think of my wife.  A couple references:

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond

I want a girl with the right allocations

Who's fast and thorough

And sharp as a tack

I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity

Who uses a machette to cut through red tape

She is fast and thorough

And sharp as a tack

She's touring the facility

And picking up slack

• Awesome! (+1) 1

atta boy Leo. see why I tagged you? 🙂 awesome mate. Ive been on a roll lately in the music thread.  I've got lists and then I find something new.  I am guessing you are going to like this next one. 

PS: tell Senora Leo muppy says HEY SIS SUP 🙂  I bet we'd get along just swell 🙂

lmaooo

Maggie Mae Gasoline Alley rod stewart

@leh-nerd skin-erd

Edited by muppy

these dance posts just make me feel good. 

dance uptown funk Ellen show and movie stars Bruno mars

Marvin gaye give it up

Edited by muppy

inspired by the lyrics thread. what a great song 🙂 and beautiful artistic video Win Win

grand funk railroad

Edited by muppy

2 hours ago, muppy said:

atta boy Leo. see why I tagged you? 🙂 awesome mate. Ive been on a roll lately in the music thread.  I've got lists and then I find something new.  I am guessing you are going to like this next one. 

PS: tell Senora Leo muppy says HEY SIS SUP 🙂  I bet we'd get along just swell 🙂

lmaooo

Maggie Mae Gasoline Alley

@leh-nerd skin-erd

Interestingly, I just texted a group of buddies, one of whom seems hyperfocused on old world views of relationships, music etc.  I was telling the group that my wife and I saw Rod Stewart 15-20 years ago.  He had a stage in the round and a string section accompanying him.  He kept interacting with one young lady (looked to be 24-30ish) in that section and she was constantly giggling and laughing back.  I pointed it out to my wife, we agreed odds were pretty high that  25 years old "was trudging 64" or however old he was.    My buddy suggested I was listening to women's music, songs for chicks I believe he said.  Maybe so., 

I really like the Unplugged set, especially this one:

• Thank you (+1) 1