Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 6/23/2024 at 9:48 PM, Ralonzo said:

Did you ever see the live performance or the later extended trumpet-forward live arrangement? In the former, the singer looked exactly like I imagined him, like a plus-sized David Clayton Thomas. On the latter, John Emma on guitar was like holy wow, but he also died in the plane crash or you'd know who he was. Also the shout-out to Jim Peterik of Ides Of March who was I guess at the show (and who incidentally wrote the huge hits for Survivor and .38 Special and others)

But since you prodded me down that road of horn-driven rock/jazz

Edit: Bonus footage from Chase's 4 screaming trumpeters. One of the commenters referred to Bill Chase as the Eddie Van Halen of trumpet, which gibes with what I've read from other players at least.

It is a massive regret that I never got to see David Clayton Thomas live, as he is now retired from the business. I must have worn out my mother's BST record and then my cassettes listening to the full tracks, because the radio edits cut out some of the songs' length.

I played trombone for 10 years in school, and I still remember to this day what it was like to be right in front of the stage when Chicago's James Pankow did his thing in the solo at the end of Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? in 1989... there just aren't that many left from this era still performing, but that's one group that still has IT!

You made my day reading this, and I so thank you!!! RIP Bill Chase and the other gone too soon.

• Like (+1) 1

this Megadeth clip is Brilliant.  loved it 🙂

the original song yeah it's okay. *shrugs* I do like the butt flashing garters and stockings view in the video.  It's very appropo. Kiss my *** indeed flips him off with a flip of her skirt. PERFECT 💃🏿lmao

the killers Mr brightside 

Edited by muppy

I know your eyes in the morning sun
I feel you touch me in the pouring rain
And the moment that you wander far from me
I wanna feel you in my arms again
And you come to me on a summer breeze
Keep me warm in your love, then you softly leave
And it's me you need to show

How deep is your love?
How deep is your love?
How deep is your love?