Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Posted (edited)

I discovered this a couple of months ago... what a great track! As Jim Croce did a year earlier, Bill Chase died in a plane crash in 1974. 

CHASE - GET IT ON (1971)

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2024 at 2:18 PM, DrW said:

"X" were always known as LA punk band, but "The Have Nots" is a straight forward rocker with witty lyrics.

And here is one of the writers of the song, John Doe, at age 64.

You've gotta check out this album... actually provably from a... gasp... CD

Front-to-back a beautiful era of X:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

For me, Three Dog Night were always too much pop and not enough rock. Thus, I started to think of more challenging song titles than "Never Been To Spain", such as "Never Been To Uruguay" or "Never Been To Uzbekistan". However, upon listening to the song I liked the lyrics and the music. Well done!! 

• Like (+1) 1

If you are more on the acoustic side, the combination guitar/cello has a lot to offer.  Here are Kristin Hersh (Throwing Muses, 50 ft Wave; still going strong at 57) and Scotsman Pete Harvey.

• Like (+1) 1

I had a nightmare last night , a very unsettling night . That sucked.  So I'm trying to figure out why on earth out of the blue I would dream my house was being destroyed. Now I'm pissed off. I don't like it.

so I went on youtube and something brought me to this song. I'm not a particular avril Levine fan. But she does have a snark about her I will say that. In that way we are kindred . CHILL OUT indeed. note to myself. WTF. alanis and avril ironic

this is a badass lyric I'm not gonna lie #cabbage

Edited by muppy

On 5/8/2024 at 6:21 AM, BritBill said:

this clip gives me chills. Bruce references it in a future video. "The first song he played the first time his feet touched British soil " was this song  ICONIC thunder road UK

♥️

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:06 AM, Another Fan said:

"Now I'm a paraplegic and I know why".  They don't write them like that anymore.  

12 hours ago, muppy said:

this clip gives me chills. Bruce references it in a future video. "The first song he played the first time his feet touched British soil " was this song  ICONIC

♥️

"There are ghosts in the eyes of all the boys you sent away". Doesn't get much better than that. Including Afroman. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Agree 1