Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 2/16/2023 at 8:17 PM, DrW said:

I love Roxy Music. While Bryan Ferry's voice and song-writing is unique, the other band members are no slouches either. My favorite tune: "A Song For Europe", with a long sax solo by Andy Mackay in the end of this live version. Enjoy.

This is, to me anyways, the best live song by RM I have ever seen. Talk about commanding the stage...  and yeah, this band had no slouches.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2023 at 8:33 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Porcupine Tree and Robert Fripp is probably not everyone's cuppa tea 😀 !  Works for me, maybe others.

Im catching up listening this morning. For me this clip is dramatic, interesting and even a bit mysterious. Not bad 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/18/2023 at 8:36 PM, redtail hawk said:

Im going to check out more of these ladies. They have made me curious what other songs they sing. Classic song cover here. Interesting....definite potential.

I found this. Love the vibe here 🙂 NICE!!!!

red molly jezebel

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

Im going to check out more of these ladies. They have made me curious what other songs they sing. Classic song cover here. Interesting....definite potential.

I found this. Love the vibe here 🙂 NICE!!!!

check out Vincent Black Lightning or may I suggest.  Sadly they've broken up. they were primarily a festival touring band and yes, they created a great vibe.    you can still hear the blonde singing on Folgers ads.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Who are the band members of Strange Kind of Woman?

These five handsome girls with Italian roots is the only tribute band in the world “All Female” to Deep Purple! SKOW members are: Alteria- vocals, Eliana Cargnelutti – guitars and vocals Paola Zadra – bass, Margherita Gruden – keyboards and Paola Caridi – drums.

holy chit.  Right up my alley. Some blues for you on a Sunday Morning. 

strange kind of woman

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Probably a repost. But such a great secondary video made, fits the song perfectly and the times never go out of style.

How we were humble and shy from the camera, limelight in a bygone era... YET there were some that weren't!

Bravo/Brava!

This is 100% juvenile - and not a knock on him or his music - but I'll never get out of my head the time my friend called him John Cougar Menstrual Camp.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Probably a repost. But such a great secondary video made, fits the song perfectly and the times never go out of style.

How we were humble and shy from the camera, limelight in a bygone era... YET there were some that weren't!

Bravo/Brava!

not gonna lie brought a tear to my eye. What an awesome clip. I saw "John Cougar" as the warm up band for the Rolling Stones in Tempe AZ circa 1980 I think. Someone threw a bottle and it pegged him in the head cutting his head bleeding. He was SO PISSED. He pointed out the guy and instructed those around him to beat the crap out of the guy. Swearing like a sailor F bombs galore.  He left the stage for medical attention.  He did come back to play the rest of the set wearing a motorcycle helmet.  I was surprised. I am a huge fan of this music from back in the day. Such a great songwriter

• Shocked 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1