Weird rule question

This would never happen but let's see if you can answer without looking it up. If:

Team A lines up for a 2 point conversion and throws a pass into the end zone. The pass falls incomplete but pass interference is called on Team B. Half the distance to the goal....but....Team A decides they will change their mind and go for 1.

Where is the ball spotted?

In the end zone it goes to the 1 yard line though, right? OP did not say where the PI occurred.

I agree with that says "wherever the Pats* say"

PI in end zone, so if they stay in 2 point mode ball goes from being spotted on 2 to being on 1. If they change to 1 point mode???

This would never happen but let's see if you can answer without looking it up. If:

Team A lines up for a 2 point conversion and throws a pass into the end zone. The pass falls incomplete but pass interference is called on Team B. Half the distance to the goal....but....Team A decides they will change their mind and go for 1.

Where is the ball spotted?

In the end zone it goes to the 1 yard line though, right? OP did not say where the PI occurred.

When passing into the end zone from the 2 yard line, it's likely that PI occurred in the end zone. So yes, the ball is placed at the 1. It's a coincidence that that's also half the distance, but you're right - PI isn't a "half the distance" penalty.

I'm thinking that it goes back to the XP spot but have no idea.

Not to change the subject but I have a few other questions that fit here as well:

- Why isn't spiking the ball intentional grounding?

- Why isn't the holder down as soon as he catches the snap in college football?

I'm thinking that it goes back to the XP spot but have no idea.

Not to change the subject but I have a few other questions that fit here as well:

- Why isn't spiking the ball intentional grounding?

- Why isn't the holder down as soon as he catches the snap in college football?

Intentional grounding is defined as grounding the ball to avoid a sack. Spiking is just to stop the clock. I guess I'm getting old but I remember the days before you were allowed to spike the ball. The QB would have to take the snap and then fire it over the WRs head. Same result, they just don't have to chase the balls around so much any more.

Intentional grounding is defined as grounding the ball to avoid a sack. Spiking is just to stop the clock. I guess I'm getting old but I remember the days before you were allowed to spike the ball. The QB would have to take the snap and then fire it over the WRs head. Same result, they just don't have to chase the balls around so much any more.

That gets subjective though. That's my point. It's a throw, in the pocket, not near an eligible receiver and not past the LOs. By definition that is grounding.