Tannehill down non contact injury

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed... I do believe the hype out of Miami with Parker tho. Devante could be in line for a massive season.

Parker, Stills and Landry are a very good trio. The jury is literally still out on whether or not Landry will be suspended at some point during the season. But those three, with Ajayi, for a formidable group of skill players. Cutler is not very good but he has a good opportunity to put up some numbers and points.

They are a 7.5 win team in Vegas. That's about who they are.

They were a 7-9 team with Tannehill and probably a 6 or 7 win team with Cutler and Moore. They must just view Moore as a backup.

Congrats to Smokin' Jay for tricking another team into thinking he was good and stealing $10 million. Keep getting dem checks!

They were a 7-9 team with Tannehill and probably a 6 or 7 win team with Cutler and Moore. They must just view Moore as a backup.

Congrats to Smokin' Jay for tricking another team into thinking he was good and stealing $10 million. Keep getting dem checks!

Vegas knocked them down half a game with Cutler vs Tanny. No significant difference in their eyes when it comes to W-L.

Does gase get fired over this? Their team is not better with cutty. Does tanny get release after this year when phins win 4 games?"Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gase is really good. He's got a few years at least. His team was really playing well late last year. They aren't much worse with Cutler. I do think that Tannehill gets released though. It's cheap for them to do it.

Gase is really good. He's got a few years at least. His team was really playing well late last year. They aren't much worse with Cutler. I do think that Tannehill gets released though. It's cheap for them to do it.

Agreed. I thought Gase was a Peyton creation but he proved he was good by not making Cutler look terrible. A lot of people underestimated Miami last year here but I thought Gase would be a huge upgrade as a coach. I'd take him in a second.

Do both.

Tanny returning to peak form is just as likely as a random 1st round rookie QB becoming a decent QB.

Except he hasn't proven to be better than Tyrod. He has less TDs and a lot more turnovers over the last two years. He's done a worse job leading his offense than Tyrod has the Bills. Now of Tanny will come for $5M it may make sense.

Except he hasn't proven to be better than Tyrod. He has less TDs and a lot more turnovers over the last two years. He's done a worse job leading his offense than Tyrod has the Bills. Now of Tanny will come for $5M it may make sense.

I'm talking after this year of TT and if/when we decide to move on.

Tyrod has zero yards and zero TD's running Rico's offense.

Edited by jmc12290

I think Tannehill has more of a chance to be a franchise qb than TT. But it's a slim margain and definitely not worth paying RT big money.

I'm talking after this year of TT and if/when we decide to move on.

Tyrod has zero yards and zero TD's running Rico's offense.

That's why I said if the price is right. I'd be surprised if the QB next year is someone other than TT or 1st round QB. You'd have to add Tannehill's contract to the $8.6M dead cap of TT to get the actual number. At $10M it's a wash financially. Would the team pay the same amount of money for a guy that has MAYBE performed evenly, new to the system, coming off 2 blown out knees? He'd have to be a savings to even be a consideration. $5M is probably the max in which case the Bills would save about $5M. Is that savings worth the risk? If we were talking about Andrew Luck coming off of his injury I'd say sure. Tannehill would take a lot of convincing for me.

That's why I said if the price is right. I'd be surprised if the QB next year is someone other than TT or 1st round QB. You'd have to add Tannehill's contract to the $8.6M dead cap of TT to get the actual number. At $10M it's a wash financially. Would the team pay the same amount of money for a guy that has MAYBE performed evenly, new to the system, coming off 2 blown out knees? He'd have to be a savings to even be a consideration. $5M is probably the max in which case the Bills would save about $5M. Is that savings worth the risk? If we were talking about Andrew Luck coming off of his injury I'd say sure. Tannehill would take a lot of convincing for me.

I think if TT isn't where we would like him to be, I'd spend an extra $5M or so to give Tanny a chance rather than flounder again.

I think if TT isn't where we would like him to be, I'd spend an extra $5M or so to give Tanny a chance rather than flounder again.

I'd just assume roll with the rookie if that's the case. If you need a stop gap for half the year get "a Hoyer."

My guess is that the rookie that the Bills draft (if they go that route) will be a high floor guy. If they are going to move on from decent QB play they aren't going to risk EJ 2.0. It isn't going to be a high ceiling, low floor type of prospect. I'd expect the guy that they draft to have played a lot and be "pro-ready."

Edited by Kirby Jackson