NFL Willing to Work with Players on MJ for Pain Management

Saw several articles this weekend on issues in Colorado now post legalization including not just leaf but other bi-products but not have links since on different computer.

There have been articles in past on it I have bookmarked:

http://www.newsweek.com/deaths-prompt-colorado-crackdown-pot-infused-food-251833

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-denver-deaths-tied-to-recreational-marijuana-use/

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/25/colorado-kids-emergency-room-visits-marijuana-increased/

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/01/us/after-5-months-of-sales-colorado-sees-the-downside-of-a-legal-high.html

There are several pro-cannabist magazines which keep posting statements from US Drug Enforcement stating no deaths but there have been no such statements.

That it is less fatal that other drugs is no doubt but stating it is some pure sunlight like some claim is wrong.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double lol's

I'll triple it.

i dont. Its illegal. And stupid.

And everyone can spare me their opinion. I wont change my mind. You can say all you want about my belief and in the sake of wasting time just pretend i have responded to you 100 times with my arrogance and brash style where you actually get angry.

There ya go.

This is stupid for the NFL. To legalize and legitimize an illegal act as if it is ok. Its not. Its stupid, pandering and just another BS bit for the NFLPA to go f themselves over. In my perfect world the NFL would be brought on charges for doing this

And im for legalization.

it may be illegal in some states still but eventually everyone will come to their senses.

as for your arrogance and brash style, you give yourself too much credit.

but, you are entitled to your opinion.

I'll triple it.

it may be illegal in some states still but eventually everyone will come to their senses.

as for your arrogance and brash style, you give yourself too much credit.

but, you are entitled to your opinion.

its illegal, babe

And everyone can spare me their opinion. I wont change my mind. You can say all you want about my belief and in the sake of wasting time just pretend i have responded to you 100 times with my arrogance and brash style where you actually get angry.

There ya go.

This is stupid for the NFL. To legalize and legitimize an illegal act as if it is ok. Its not. Its stupid, pandering and just another BS bit for the NFLPA to go f themselves over. In my perfect world the NFL would be brought on charges for doing this

And im for legalization.

I'm surprised that you are so adamant about this. I would think that you would be an advocate for these more natural treatments?

We can talk about illegal but it's legal in more states than not. It's not worse than the opiod addictions out there. If it helps manage pain that's a win. Additionally it doesn't look good when a player gets busted for anyone. It makes the player look bad and makes the league look like they have a massive drug problem. It's in everyone's best interest to make it disappear like the other leagues have. That's the reason it's going.

I'm surprised that you are so adamant about this. I would think that you would be an advocate for these more natural treatments?

We can talk about illegal but it's legal in more states than not. It's not worse than the opiod addictions out there. If it helps manage pain that's a win. Additionally it doesn't look good when a player gets busted for anyone. It makes the player look bad and makes the league look like they have a massive drug problem. It's in everyone's best interest to make it disappear like the other leagues have. That's the reason it's going.

No kidding! If this can avoid a single case of opiod addiction, it's well worth it! Now, I think that is secondary in why it will happen. The players want the freedom, and the league is tired of the black eyes. It's a no brainier.....

There ya go.

And im for legalization.

You become less likeable with every post.

Saw several articles this weekend on issues in Colorado now post legalization including not just leaf but other bi-products but not have links since on different computer.

There have been articles in past on it I have bookmarked:

http://www.newsweek.com/deaths-prompt-colorado-crackdown-pot-infused-food-251833

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-denver-deaths-tied-to-recreational-marijuana-use/

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/25/colorado-kids-emergency-room-visits-marijuana-increased/

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/01/us/after-5-months-of-sales-colorado-sees-the-downside-of-a-legal-high.html

There are several pro-cannabist magazines which keep posting statements from US Drug Enforcement stating no deaths but there have been no such statements.

That it is less fatal that other drugs is no doubt but stating it is some pure sunlight like some claim is wrong.

How many people died from alcohol last week?

About freaking time. But it's also likely happening to distract from the NFL pulling funding from CTE research.

.....I'm not the brightest bulb in the lighting store, but if my doc prescribes Oxy for my pain, how does that differ from YOUR doc prescribing medical marijuana for your pain?...yes it depends on pain diagnosis and applicability, but how can one doc be right and acceptable for his patient versus one being rejected for a questionable YET legal remedy?....I missed the memo............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I have a friend with terrible back pain. It's real. His (good) doctor told him "hey, it's nothing personal, but Oxy is off the table here. It should NEVER be prescribed to anyone, anywhere....it's just too addictive". I'm not trusting the government to tell me what's best. There are other options.

Oh, addictive....and deadly!

where you are maybe. give it time and you'll be wasting your breath on the "it's illegal" charade...

where you are, too, babe. Its illegal

i am for natural treatments. There are many other natural treatments that are as effective as marujuana that are holisitic. And theyre not illegal. The guise of this debate stems from pot heads wanting to toke up.

Also, its a right of business to ban the drug. And it is also hard to do a roadside test of being under the influence

How many people died from alcohol last week?

amd this is why no one takes pot heads seriously. When theyre losing it js always

Either...

Alcohol is worse

Big pharm is bad

William randolph hearst is bad because family guy told me so.

Weed isnt dangerous and doesnt make people violent

Cigerettes are legal

Boyst is smart and handsome