Marrone said ideally Bortles throws Zero passes in a game...

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rosstuckerNFL

Wow. @ryanohalloran told me Jags HC candidates were given mandate during interview process that Bortles was QB. Now here they are. Brutal.

This was predictable from Marrone. Not saying Bortles was ever going to be good, but there was never a chance that Marrone was going to chalk this year up to trying to make him so. Take a young developing QB, add a washed up veteran, and then Marrone and Hacket, and what you get is a young QB with destroyed confidence and the washed up veteran starting to "not lose games" making Marrone look good for getting them to 7 or 8 wins. He has already demonstrated this philosophy as I recall.

This was predictable from Marrone. Not saying Bortles was ever going to be good, but there was never a chance that Marrone was going to chalk this year up to trying to make him so. Take a young developing QB, add a washed up veteran, and then Marrone and Hacket, and what you get is a young QB with destroyed confidence and the washed up veteran starting to "not lose games" making Marrone look good for getting them to 7 or 8 wins. He has already demonstrated this philosophy as I recall.

Sounds like McDermott.

Anyone feel sorry for Saint Doug being saddled with a team without a QB again?

Yeah, me neither.

It's his fault.

1). He was an offensive coach last year. He saw Bortles and Henne up close and personal all last year. He could have went after a qb this offseason if he didn't believe in them. He didn't.

2). When he was in Buffalo, do people really believe a coach with an offensive background had zero say in picking a qb in the first round? BS. Somehow, Marrone gets a total pass on that.

Marrone sucks and he's a coward. He doesn't know how to develop a qb. He tries for a few weeks, gives up, and goes to some scrub vet that hurts the franchise long term. He has an OC who should be a high school coach at best. Marrone is a joke and I feel sorry for the 7 Jags fans.

If Marrone didn't hire Schwartz to carry his jock or have the same agent as Sheftner, he'd be a mid level college offensive line coach. I wish him the worst.

It's his fault.

1). He was an offensive coach last year. He saw Bortles and Henne up close and personal all last year. He could have went after a qb this offseason if he didn't believe in them. He didn't.

2). When he was in Buffalo, do people really believe a coach with an offensive background had zero say in picking a qb in the first round? BS. Somehow, Marrone gets a total pass on that.

Marrone sucks and he's a coward. He doesn't know how to develop a qb. He tries for a few weeks, gives up, and goes to some scrub vet that hurts the franchise long term. He has an OC who should be a high school coach at best. Marrone is a joke and I feel sorry for the 7 Jags fans.

If Marrone didn't hire Schwartz to carry his jock or have the same agent as Sheftner, he'd be a mid level college offensive line coach. I wish him the worst.

That really would have been Coughlin's call since he's the one running the show in JAX.

Really? How so?

I guess making your relatively young QB take a paycut, trading his #1 weapon for a draft pick to replace him, and then signing a guy who subsequently retired after playing one game with said QB is confidence building.

Tom Coughlin is always the smartest guy in the room. Just ask him.

Two rings.

Shout it from the mountaintops!

What does Dave Caldwell even do all day? I'm thinking he's not "privy"

Texts Bill Polian and thank him for getting him a great job.

@RapSheet

If #Jaguars QB Blake Bortles loses his job, what does the future hold? Well... reminds me of RGIII: https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/900862297920479232

I know it's not his main point but RG3 was amazing his rookie year. Bortles has never been close to that level.

It was extremely stupid to give him that 5th year. They could have just paid him if he had a good year.

It's his fault.

I can't find fault with any of this. You also forgot that he's supposedly an OL guru and his OLs (both in Buffalo and Jax) have stunk.

Terrific piece. I know the hate for Marrone on this board is strong, but my god - what is he supposed to do? Bortles is TERRIBLE!!

Dave -- he got to watch Bortles up close and personal for an entire year. He doesn't get a pass here.