Marrone said ideally Bortles throws Zero passes in a game...

Damn that's cold!

@ProFootballTalk

From @PFT_Live, @CSimmsQB says Blake Bortles "was not put on earth to throw the football" http://wp.me/p14QSB-amHz

@BuckyBrooks

Bucky Brooks Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Bortles was primarily recruited as a TE prospect by D1 schools... Maybe HS recruiting analysts know more than we think they know..1f914.png

Dumb comment. Bortles had a decent year two years ago.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No link, but just read that Bortles is left handed in everything but throwing the football. In baseball he bats left handed, throws/catches left handed. He golfs left handed. He writes left handed. He forced himself to learn to throw the football right handed because his coaches didnt want to play a left handed QB. Yikes indeed.

I haven't read all of this thread but - this is what Marrone does, this is his playbook to a "t." He sets himself up for leveraged failure where he either (i) fails and has a ready scapegoat ("You gave me Blake Bottles, what do you think I am, a miracle worker?"); or (ii) succeeds against all odds and is anointed a miracle worker. He did this in Buffalo, quickly shredding the confidence of EJ and setting him up to fail, and now he's done it again in Jax, abusing his QB in press conference after press conference.

I'm not saying EJ or Bortles are any good - they aren't. But with Marrone at the helm, neither of them ever had a chance, anyway.

How many chances do you think a QB should get? This is the NFL not Pop Warner where its "play little Petey so we don't ruin his confidence". Bortles has started for 3 seasons during which he has looked mostly bad and has thrown a ridiculous number of INT's.

Bortles has had plenty enough chances, if he ends up failing that is definitely not a valid excuse.

I think so too.

I think Jags will win between 7 and 10 and the Bills will end up 5-11 to 7-9.

Jags are not winning anything close to 7 games with Bortles at QB

He has gotten worse with the arrival of Marrackett

Is that really possible? The dude has averaged 17 INT's a year in his 3 seasons and is a career sub 59% completion passer. He is incredibly consistent with that too...58.9%, 58.6% and 58.9%

No link, but just read that Bortles is left handed in everything but throwing the football. In baseball he bats left handed, throws/catches left handed. He golfs left handed. He writes left handed. He forced himself to learn to throw the football right handed because his coaches didnt want to play a left handed QB. Yikes indeed.

That's crazy if true.

Damn that's cold!

@ProFootballTalk

From @PFT_Live, @CSimmsQB says Blake Bortles "was not put on earth to throw the football" http://wp.me/p14QSB-amHz

@BuckyBrooks

Bucky Brooks Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Bortles was primarily recruited as a TE prospect by D1 schools... Maybe HS recruiting analysts know more than we think they know..1f914.png

Logan Thomas 2.0

#giterdone??

Okay Maroon.

@SiriusXMNFL

#Jaguars HC Doug Marrone: I don't know who will start at QB and someone is going to have to take this thing. We have a plan.

@APMarkLong

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone plans to tell QBs about the starting plan in the hotel the night before the game

WTF is up with these mind games? No one on the team will like not knowing who the starting QB is until the night before the game.

WTF is up with these mind games? No one on the team will like not knowing who the starting QB is until the night before the game.

They are too busy learning the finer points of the National Anthem standing ritual to realize anything is going on with the QB.

Okay Maroon.

@SiriusXMNFL

#Jaguars HC Doug Marrone: I don't know who will start at QB and someone is going to have to take this thing. We have a plan.

@APMarkLong

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone plans to tell QBs about the starting plan in the hotel the night before the game

These two sentences seem completely contradictory. Unless the plan is to have no idea what will happen.