Jon Gruden on coaching return: 'I'm preparing'

ALF

He's gotten completely overrated. He inherited a very good TB team. He should stay in broadcasting so people continue to overrate him as a coach.

Well that leaves off what he did in Oakland...and while I agree he did inherit a good team in TB, it was also a team Dungy kept coming up short with. He built that Oakland team in to a powerhouse before he left from what it had been a previous laughing stock of a team.

The jury is out on whether he can come back and be a good coach. I think one of his biggest issues before was his youth and ego. He lost that team in TB, but those can often be the kind of things that help a person grow and go to the next level.

Personally, I think its more likely he stays in TV with those big easy checks. But, its also not hard to imagine his passion still for the game is high and probably misses the game in that coaching respect, and he is young enough to handle the rigors again. Some team will open up the vault for him, and money is hard to walk away from even when youre making great money already.

A) Dungy never got to play against his own playbook in a Super Bowl. That was ridiculous beyond belief.

B) If he's really making $6.5 mil per year, how much more would an NFL team pay him? Seriously asking about that.

it's one thing to inherit a Pro Bowl defense from Tony Dungy. It's another thing to draw your former team whose playbook you wrote in the SB. This is the equivalent of winning the powerball in back to back weeks. Gruden shouldn't test his luck lest he be made a fool of

it's one thing to inherit a Pro Bowl defense from Tony Dungy. It's another thing to draw your former team whose playbook you wrote in the SB. This is the equivalent of winning the powerball in back to back weeks. Gruden shouldn't test his luck lest he be made a fool of

You mean in the same way Dungy faced Lovie Smith in the SB? Belichick would be fine without Brady too I guess?

your analogies don't match

They weren't meant to. The point is it's ridiculous to pretend you know who's good and who isn't because there's always good and bad situations.

Gruden won a SB - he deserves credit.

Dungy couldn't win in TB but he won with Peyton - he deserves credit.

Belichick has Brady - but he deserves credit too.

To say Gruden winning the super bowl against the Raiders was astronomical luck is just not correct.