Cardale traded to chargers!!

He was a 4th round pick made after Whaley's new bosses forced Rex (and Tyrod Taylor) down his throat. A 4th round pick for a team with no QB. And you criticize?

Whaley made some mistakes and he deserved to be shown the door. But criticizing this pick is just plain silly.

The funny thing is seeing the overlap between the "draft a qb every year" and "wasted pick"

Makes it easier to tell who complains just to complain

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Last season Rivers threw the league-high in INT's... And not for the first time either.... Cardale is in a good place. -He might just find chemistry with a receiver or two... If that happens, it will smooth-out the accuracy issues, IMO.

You just dont smooth out accuracy.

So much for we want competition at every position.

Yeah because a guy that cant get out of the 4th QB spot in a league that tyipcally carries two is adding competition to what the towel boy position.

And that 7th will be cut in about a year from now.

I don't care either way for the move, but applauding a 7th round pick for a guy we spent a 4th rounder doesn't make sense.

It does when that player was going to be cut in 3 weeks anyway

:lol: What difference does it make if an improper read, or forced throw renders the pass inaccurate?

Cardale had the exact same completion percentage as Rams Starter Jared Goff... There's always a learning curve.... It makes no sense to label a rookie who's taken very few quality snaps "inaccurate" as a pro...

Ahhh the good old completion percentage as a measure of accuracy

Ooo and for a player that has played almost nothing ha ha ha

Why not let him compete in camp at least? 7th rounder? Who cares. Hope this doesn't come back and we regret this. He has all the potential in the world.

Because he sucks. Did you read the reports of him from OTAs

I remember some proclaiming him to be a future #1 overall pick based on 3 games played. So funny. I said it then, and I've said it numerous times since then. Watching those games you could clearly see he had a ton of accuracy issues, and that has certainly panned out. Having a rocket arm is just not enough. I'll be shocked if he is still in the league in 2 or 3 years unless he has drastic improvements out of nowhere.

Edited by Mark80

Just heard on Mike & Mike, Adam schefter said when they brought him in last night to tell him he has been traded to San Diego; he cried.. tears of joy, because he was traded to somewhere he felt wanted.

Edited by Captain Murica

Just heard on Mike & Mike, Adam schefter said when they brought him in last night to tell him he has been traded to San Diego he cried.. tears of joy, because he was traded to somewhere he felt wanted.

He also said that a league exec texted him that Cardale has "Pro Bowl potential."

He also said that a league exec texted him that Cardale has "Pro Bowl potential."

I hated stupid anyomous sources and odds are Jones is never going to be a successful NFL qb. But I would have liked to give him more than 1 year to transition to the hardest position in sports.

But at least we have TJ Yates and a 7th rounder. I fully trust the Bills and their ability to evaluate qbs.

That too. I was fixated on the crying part :lol:

I hated stupid anyomous sources and odds are Jones is never going to be a successful NFL qb. But I would have liked to give him more than 1 year to transition to the hardest position in sports.

But at least we have TJ Yates and a 7th rounder. I fully trust the Bills and their ability to evaluate qbs.

Don't forget Peterman! He's a 5th rounder. That's a 12th rounder in total.

That too. I was fixated on the crying part :lol:

Don't forget Peterman! He's a 5th rounder. That's a 12th rounder in total.

Haha. I'll give Peterman the benefit of the doubt since he's a rookie and haven't seen him stink.

It's not the end all be all, but the qbs on our roster were drafted in rounds 6, 5, & 5. Those aren't blue chip recruits.

Thought he was destined for the PS, so if we get a pick, God Bless.

I thought he was destined for the waiver wire.

Practice snaps being limited, a team just can't carry two developmental QBs.

Cardale is a good kid but he's just too raw with too much to learn.

Edited by hondo in seattle