DWS Working With Middle Eastern Terrorists

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an IT project manager looking at the government as a client?

There is a cultural infection in the government. Apparently they think anyone can steal data/spy on anyone else with no consequences. Never mind leak information illegally.

My advice is: you have to go after that culture. We can build anything, but, if you have a culture that is willing to abrogate "policy"? It doesn't matter what we build, or how well we build it, it will be compromised as soon as we release it. (How do I know I can trust the Admins, never mind the users?)

I've fixed chronic cultures like this by finding its biggest proponents, and showing them the door. That has 2 benefits: beyond stopping the immediate bleeding, it sends a clear warning to others. Normally firing people is the last thing I advise, but, cavalier data security and/or intentional mishandling means I can't ever trust you, no matter what I build.

The first day at CityGroup, I looked at the oplog of 4 of their databases, and recommended termination for 8 employees. Oplogs are sweet that way, if you have the skill. They were all gone by close of business. The rogue activity went down by 60% within 2 weeks.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

As an IT project manager looking at the government as a client?

There is a cultural infection in the government. Apparently they think anyone can steal data/spy on anyone else with no consequences. Never mind leak information illegally.

My advice is: you have to go after that culture. We can build anything, but, if you have a culture that is willing to abrogate "policy"? It doesn't matter what we build, or how well we build it, it will be compromised as soon as we release it. (How do I know I can trust the Admins, never mind the users?)

I've fixed chronic cultures like this by finding its biggest proponents, and showing them the door. That has 2 benefits: beyond stopping the immediate bleeding, it sends a clear warning to others. Normally firing people is the last thing I advise, but, cavalier data security and/or intentional mishandling means I can't ever trust you, no matter what I build.

The first day at CityGroup, I looked at the oplog of 4 of their databases, and recommended termination for 8 employees. Oplogs are sweet that way, if you have the skill. They were all gone by close of business. The rogue activity went down by 60% within 2 weeks.

#dougwhaley4citygroup

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone getting the feeling a huge scandal is staring us in the face?

IT staffers may have compromised sensitive data to foreign intelligence

by Paul Sperry

Original Article

Staring us in the face and swept under the carpet. Politicians are some of the dumbest people. Ego certainly gets in the way of better judgement and politicians are some of the biggest egomaniacs out there.

Anyone getting the feeling a huge scandal is staring us in the face?

IT staffers may have compromised sensitive data to foreign intelligence

by Paul Sperry

Original Article

This is a monster of a story, with a lot of disinformation surrounding it. There's even more intentional disinformation being dumped into this story than there is about the Russian "hacking" narrative. Normally when so much disinfo is dumped on a particular topic, by one organization, it's a good rule of thumb to assume that the truth is real !@#$ing bad for those people in that organization.

What we know for certain is this: The Awans worked for 30+ high ranking democratic members of Congress and State, they stored sensitive, classified data on off site servers (Platte River - a management company that supervised the servers... as well as Clinton's offsite servers) which were highly vulnerable to foreign intelligence services. One intelligence officer recently told me during an interview that the setup was a spy's wet dream in terms of how easy it was to penetrate Platte River's servers.

The FBI is investigating Platte River and now there are rumors that the DNC/HRC data wasn't just stolen by Pakistan's ISI - but sold to them directly by the Awans. This hasn't been commented on officially (other than the FBI's investigation into Platte River).

We will know if that's true when the next round of indictments about this case are announced in the next few weeks.

Things are going to get bumpy this week, and not just because of the eclipse. :beer:

This is a monster of a story, with a lot of disinformation surrounding it. There's even more intentional disinformation being dumped into this story than there is about the Russian "hacking" narrative. Normally when so much disinfo is dumped on a particular topic, by one organization, it's a good rule of thumb to assume that the truth is real !@#$ing bad for those people in that organization.

What we know for certain is this: The Awans worked for 30+ high ranking democratic members of Congress and State, they stored sensitive, classified data on off site servers (Platte River - a management company that supervised the servers... as well as Clinton's offsite servers) which were highly vulnerable to foreign intelligence services. One intelligence officer recently told me during an interview that the setup was a spy's wet dream in terms of how easy it was to penetrate Platte River's servers.

The FBI is investigating Platte River and now there are rumors that the DNC/HRC data wasn't just stolen by Pakistan's ISI - but sold to them directly by the Awans. This hasn't been commented on officially (other than the FBI's investigation into Platte River).

We will know if that's true when the next round of indictments about this case are announced in the next few weeks.

Things are going to get bumpy this week, and not just because of the eclipse. :beer:

Shouldn't take much to convince antifa that it's white supremacists and their pet Trump trying to take down the Democratic Party and take full one-party control of the country, and push them over the edge to a full revolution.

I'm sure MSNBC has that story all ready to run...too bad no one watches MSNBC.

Shouldn't take much to convince antifa that it's white supremacists and their pet Trump trying to take down the Democratic Party and take full one-party control of the country, and push them over the edge to a full revolution.

I'm sure MSNBC has that story all ready to run...too bad no one watches MSNBC.

Come now, their ratings are way up. I think they've gone from 4 primetime viewers to 6!

There are multiple reports circulating now that elements within the DOJ and Congress tipped the Awans off about the grand jury, which is why Awan's wife was trying to flee (and why other Awans did flee).

If this is true, it is going to be a hell of a bombshell.

Awan's wife did flee. Awan was caught trying to board a plane at Dulles. They charged him with bank fraud so that they could hold him while building a case. BTW, Awan was the last person seen with Seth Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Former Democratic IT Staffer to Return From Pakistan, Face Charges.

“Hina Alvi will return to the United States ‘during the last week of September 2017’ under the condition that she is not arrested in front of her children, the Washington Examiner reported. Alvi is the wife of Imran Awan, who served as IT staffer to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D., Fla.) while she was the Democratic National Committee chairwoman.”

Former Democratic IT Staffer to Return From Pakistan, Face Charges.

“Hina Alvi will return to the United States ‘during the last week of September 2017’ under the condition that she is not arrested in front of her children, the Washington Examiner reported. Alvi is the wife of Imran Awan, who served as IT staffer to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D., Fla.) while she was the Democratic National Committee chairwoman.”

Bet she cut a hell of a deal. Lots of nervous folks on the Hill right about now.