Marcus McDade worked out 4 Bills - backed up Derek Carr

Carr was excited for his former teammate

He has a cannon! Good dude too! https://t.co/ceEVTcilb3

— Derek Carr (@derekcarrqb) https://twitter.com/derekcarrqb/status/889692246282350592

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/twitter]

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account
@MikeGarafolo
Following
More
Bills worked out QB Marcus McDade today. Backed up Derek Carr at Fresno. Played for Samsung Frankfurt Universe in Germany. Deep dig for Buf.[/twitter]

He was listed anywhere from 6-2 to 6-4, 220lbs.

can't find much stats on him this late at night. i'm gonna leave it for the rest of you.

I wonder why they're looking at him. Can anyone can dig into this?

Carr was excited for his former teammate

He has a cannon! Good dude too!
— Derek Carr (@derekcarrqb)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/twitter]

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account

@MikeGarafolo

Following

More

Bills worked out QB Marcus McDade today. Backed up Derek Carr at Fresno. Played for Samsung Frankfurt Universe in Germany. Deep dig for Buf.[/twitter]

He was listed anywhere from 6-2 to 6-4, 220lbs.

can't find much stats on him this late at night. i'm gonna leave it for the rest of you.

I wonder why they're looking at him. Can anyone can dig into this?

Just a guess, but Yates has nothing to build on for the future, Cardale's best chance to make the roster is at another position, and Peterman won't see the field this season. The lack of overall commitment to Tyrod is a testament to Beane/McD's committed intent to find the elusive 'Franchise QB' their collective longevity is completely dependent on. If HE walks onto the field from Europe, so much the better.

I think this spells the end of days for Mr. Jones in a Bills' uniform. You don't often see a team with 4 QBs already on the roster looking at another guy right before camp.

The quarterback would eventually land with the Samsung Frankfurt Universe after his collegiate career. McDade most recently played in the Indoor Football League for the Spokane Empire.

rating % yards td longest avg/g

McDade, Marcus 3 GP 88.02 13-32-1 40.6 130 3 25 43.3

Edited by ALF

I think CJ should be switched to WR or TE.

I also think you can never have too many QB's leave no stone unturned at this point.

Remember St Louis with Trent Green pencilled in as starter.and in the last PS game down he goes and the unknown unheralded Kurt Warner becomes a hero/legend.

so what you're saying is the Bills passed on Dak for Washington who may be cut and then instead selected Cardale who will most likely also be cut. nice work. now we are looking at european players? do we have any scouts at flag football leagues? what's it going to take to find a QB?

I think CJ should be switched to WR or TE.

I also think you can never have too many QB's leave no stone unturned at this point.

Remember St Louis with Trent Green pencilled in as starter.and in the last PS game down he goes and the unknown unheralded Kurt Warner becomes a hero/legend.

No reason for him to do so. He is raw and has talent just needs time to sit and learn. If the bills let him go, I guarantee someone will pick him up.

so what you're saying is the Bills passed on Dak for Washington who may be cut and then instead selected Cardale who will most likely also be cut. nice work. now we are looking at european players? do we have any scouts at flag football leagues? what's it going to take to find a QB?

Amateur hour at TBD

Just a guess, but Yates has nothing to build on for the future, Cardale's best chance to make the roster is at another position, and Peterman won't see the field this season. The lack of overall commitment to Tyrod is a testament to Beane/McD's committed intent to find the elusive 'Franchise QB' their collective longevity is completely dependent on. If HE walks onto the field from Europe, so much the better.

That's my suspicion as well. They are turning over rocks to look for a better answer at QB, even for back-up or practice squad which I think this is most likely. And Yates has to be coach in waiting. Peterman is a flyer, and Jones is done here.

We're picking QB again next year.

Wooooooof !

Friendly reminder of McDermott's progress so far:

1. Threw out the #1 rushing game in the league last year, put in his own system
2. Let Gilmore walk, took a CB with his #1 draft pick

3. Now replacing backup QBs

Sounds like Rex's work with the No. 4 defense.

I'm never a fan of new guys gutting a place for their own needs. Work with what you got. It's your fault you only know one thing. Keep Roman's run game, and go back to the defense before Rex. Run game, and wide-9 pass rush is easy enough for them to handle.

If you're going to change one thing, it's you shouldn't keep someone else's starting QB. Get your own starter QB, the leadership presence on the field, instead of wasting precious resources with running game and backups.