Dean Achesons dictum

beausox

"Don't just do something, stand there" he told Ike. I have faith in TD and company because I have to- lets face it he doesnt read this board and I would be very worried if he did- so his relative inactivity has to be good. Since there are no really great free agents there is no sense in overpaying as usually occurs early in FA. Wait until the screw turns and pick up values. Is the dt from OSU ready? Is McFarlane ok for depth? Is Teague the answer at LT and is Tucker tha answer at center? Will Bannon and Peters provide options on the line? Seems to me those questions are the key to activity in FA as far as O-L[ne signings

That is where draft and or ( emphasis and ) a modest free agent signing comes in. Again, I trust in McNally to know how to mix and match. I believe that there is a workable solution without a major FA signing. Also consider that next years FA posible losses to Bills is great. Will some of this years cap money be used to offset future year charges? You cannot carry over cap but you can front load some contracts and defray future charges. Again we do not know anything other than TD has a grip on the cap which in tandem with talent assessment is paramount.