What positions groups are you looking at in camp this year?

I looked and didn't see much on this topic - the last few weeks at least.

My focus will be on the defense.

How are the DBs especially the safeties going to gel and get on the same page? Are we really that thin or will some of the nonames step up?

How will the linebackers shape up position wise and what will the depth chart start to look like toward the end of camp?

How will communication look in general? Will it be that much less of a mess than the Ryan error..er..era?

And on offense I'm very interested to see how the WR depth chart will shake out. I'm watching Philly Brown a lot to see how they use him and where he lines up.

Regardless, it is ON on Thursday! Finally!

Top positions I'm looking at: RT, LBs generally, S, and K/P.

Want to know whether Dawkins is solidly beating out Mills.

Interested in where the LBs are lining up and who shows the best mix of run stopping and coverage abilities. (Early guess: top 2 are Hodges and Ragland)

While excited for Hyde, would like some evidence Poyer can be a starting S.

Enjoying that Rehkow is legitimate competition for both Hauschka and Schmidt.

Linebackers.....I'm most interested in the battle between Brown and Ragland. I think Brown will actually be decent again in this defense....I think Ryan really put him in bad position.

Ragland is so intriguing to me because of his supposed football IQ and instincts. I really think he can be a top level linebacker in this league....or hoping so.

I just wonder in a traditional 4-3, it's going to be Ragland/Brown/Lorax. Nickel, Hodges and ?. I see Lorax moving to DE in many nickel packages to get him to get after the QB.

WR...I hold comment if/when Boldin signs.

RT. I full expect Dawkins to overtake the First Team duties in a week or two at camp. We traded up for him, we want him to play. The coaching staff cannot be happy with Mills after watching film of him the last 2 years.

Linebackers.....I'm most interested in the battle between Brown and Ragland. I think Brown will actually be decent again in this defense....I think Ryan really put him in bad position.

Ragland is so intriguing to me because of his supposed football IQ and instincts. I really think he can be a top level linebacker in this league....or hoping so.

I just wonder in a traditional 4-3, it's going to be Ragland/Brown/Lorax. Nickel, Hodges and ?. I see Lorax moving to DE in many nickel packages to get him to get after the QB.

WR...I hold comment if/when Boldin signs.

RT. I full expect Dawkins to overtake the First Team duties in a week or two at camp. We traded up for him, we want him to play. The coaching staff cannot be happy with Mills after watching film of him the last 2 years.

Good point on the LB's, Bees. I expect our coaches to use them a lot more wisely than the previous regime. Chess pieces for favorable match ups.

Was he participating in practice? I can't remember

I don't believe so. I think Dawkins took all the 1st team LT reps.

RB2 is huge imo. RT too. TE2. Rooting for Logan Thomas. Slot corner.

When I first read this post, I didn't see the period after "Thomas".

So I read "Rooting for Logan Thomas Slot Corner".

I thought you might have started a Monday day drinking and hitting it pretty hard!

I don't believe so. I think Dawkins took all the 1st team LT reps.

When I first read this post, I didn't see the period after "Thomas".

So I read "Rooting for Logan Thomas Slot Corner".

I thought you might have started a Monday day drinking and hitting it pretty hard!

well he is a great athlete. You never know! Seriously though can you imagine if he panned out as a legit TE? Could we get that lucky? Don't answer that. Edited by YoloinOhio

Enjoying that Rehkow is legitimate competition for both Hauschka and Schmidt.

Agree on kicker - it may make a big deal to a team trying to get going.

Previous coaches have spoken difficulty in past playing Buffalo when Moorman would flip the field and defense prevented more than a first down or two.

I liked Schmidt but like Carpenter seemed to have lost his mojo.

1. Back-up TE - can Logan Thomas become a legit threat? Can he be the Bills version of Terrell Pryor?

2. LB - Will Preston Brown return to 2014 form? I think he will be a training camp cut. Is Ragland fast enough to play in the nickel defense? If not he won't be on the field for 2/3rd's of the defensive snaps.

3. White/Darby - If he is a plug and play replacement for Gilmore, that is a huge hole filled. Darby was terrible last year. Can he rebound?

4. Safety - most teams play three safeties in multiple packages. I'm not sure we have two that are worthy of significant playing time. My hunch is they will sign a veteran training camp cut or better yet make a run at Revis.

5. Back-up QB - I would be fine with TT and Peterman to be honest. I would rather have an extra roster spot for a WR, DB, or lineman. If any QB other than TT starts the season is lost anyways.