Why is Seantrell Henderson not mentioned in the battle.....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just used a 2nd round pick on Dawkins....he isnt gonna ride the bench guys

I'm in agreement here. Henderson will not start but he would add valuable depth if he can stay healthy!

Edited by fl az fan

I think they are just ready to move on from him.....to many issues and while he is quite the athlete for his size he is not a "football player'

I think Dawkins is gonna take that RT spot

I agree on both. Glenn at LT, Dawkins at RT (probably to start the season, but definitely at some point) and Mills as backup. Either one of the youngsters makes it on the roster or the team finds another tackle after cut down day and a young player goes to the PS. I see Henderson getting cut when he comes back from suspension barring a slew of injuries at OT. At some point the team has to move on from players that can't be counted on.

These guys have something to say about it:

http://gridironcannabis.org

Jim McMahon is an especially vocal advocate for this organization. I was privileged to have a conversation with cannabis advocate Eben Britton (former OT for the Jags, and Bears) about Seantrel Henderson's situation. In fact, there is a growing body of evidence that shows that cannabis is one of the most effective treatments for many of the symptoms of Crohn's disease, with few side effects. Henderson is, perhaps, one of the best examples of the need for cannabis reform in the NFL.

The biggest point this organization has to make is that many players are compelled to use medications such as opioids, and others, many of which have lasting side effects such as liver, and kidney damage. Eben Britton relayed a story to me of a player he knows, who was faced with a choice between a literal handful of daily pills, versus marijuana use-- and for him there was no contest.

He should HAVE to follow league rules.

I think I understand.

Beat the piss out of a woman. Keep playing.

A team puts illegal drugs into a player. Keep playing.

Fire a gun in a club. Keep playing.

Run over a pedestrian. Keep playing.

Smoke a joint. We can't allow this.

I think I understand.

To be fair most of those end in suspension long before the current 12 strike rule, or whatever lax policy it is for marijuana.

To be fair most of those end in suspension long before the current 12 strike rule, or whatever lax policy it is for marijuana.

How many teams have been suspended for funneling drugs into their players?

I think I understand.

Those are all suspension-worthy offenses. We've seen many players punished over the years for almost all of those things. What an odd post.

I do appreciate you admitting the "medical" angle isn't really the issue. It's just kids who can't stop smoking joints recreationally.

Edited by jmc12290

Good question. If I remember correctly, wasn't her NFL rookie of the month in Sept of his first year and was being called one of the steals of the draft. By seaso nend, was doing OK, no longer great. But that often happens with rookies when the hit "the rookie wall" I'd imagine for O-lineman it's an even bigger wall as lineman don't sub out very much so can see where he'd be even more tired than say a rookie Nickle back who's only playing 25% of the snaps.

His second season he was out by early November with the illness. I don't know alot about Crohn's, but pretty certain it's not something that pops up overnight, so wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was already effecting him back in training camp and it took to November before it got so bad that he couldn't even play. So I chalk the 2nd season up to that.

Over the past year have seen many people including in this thread argue that pot is a good treatment for Crohn's and others counter with it doesn't matter he knows it's illegal. Considering the situation he was in with dealing with the illness, I'm pretty certain his biggest concern was getting healthy and doing whatever he could to help with that and had little thought or worries abut the NFL rules. So were his failed drug tests from smoking during his extended illness, Did he maybe find it too easy to keep smoking,maybe? I can forgive him for that considering the situation.

Last year, sounded like he still didn't have all of his weight and strength back at the beginning of the season anyway, plus had a 4 game suspension to begin with. A number here said the initial suspension was good in away as would give him time to get back to strength. Then along came the 2nd suspension, but would like to know the timing of the test? Was he smoking because he was still in pain?

Bottom line IMO was the guy was pretty darn good as a rookie, if the illness is behind him and the pot was truly do to the illness, I'd keep him around and could see him becoming good if he can stay clean.

For the right tackle spot? I realize he didn't have a good year when he started but I atleast perceived it to be better than Jordan Mills year last year and he seemed to have a lot more upside. If he is infact healthy and gained most of the weight back, why does every article on the right tackle battle not include him, he is done with his suspension right?

How many teams have been suspended for funneling drugs into their players?

How many teams have been suspended?

There have been investigations. I'm not positive but I think medical groups have been removed and teams fined (maybe?). I do agree that teams should be more accountable for what they give the players, but am likewise amused about how many of the fans that bash the policy for that reason also call players soft for sitting out.

Those are all suspension-worthy offenses. We've seen many players punished over the years for almost all of those things. What an odd post.

I do appreciate you admitting the "medical" angle isn't really the issue. It's just kids who can't stop smoking joints recreationally.

Who cares.

Pass me whatever it is Leveon Bell/Randy Moss/Michael Phelps were smoking.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

That said, he shouldn't HAVE to quit smoking his meds! Its the safest, cheapest form of med available to him. I can envision him being the backup LT this year, when he returns. Dawkins the starter at RT, and Mills probably retained for insurance. Which means Groy as backup interior, and the rest of the non starters gone.only so many spots available...

That is the conundrum with weed for medical. I agree it is an important tool for a host of medical issues and also advocate for it to be a non jailable offense or and/or completely legal.(what ever local and state sentiment can handle at its own pace and time)

But individuals like Henderson should be able to get the pill form of the chemicals in cannabis to treat his medical. This would prevent lung damage and NFL should allow with Dr RX.(many more powerful and more dangerous drugs are prescribed everyday in US) Maybe then the stigma of people smoking weed in public would be abated.

Edited by cba fan

Whooooops! I meant Henderson.

Henderson never claimed he was prescribed marijuana. Ever.

This is an ignorant statement. Doctors do not prescribe medical marijuana, ever, in any state in the country, because it is not a prescription drug. Prescription drugs have to be approved by the FDA as such. What doctors do, is recommend medical marijuana, in the same way they might recommend Tylenol, or Motrin, or a dietary supplement.

Are you claiming that his cannabis consumption is not health related, or a part of his Crohn's disease treatment? Because there are several studies that have found that marijuana can be an effective treatment specifically for Crohn's disease. Whether his personal doctor gave him this recommendation, or not, seems irrelevant, since he has stated, unequivocally, that he was taking it for this reason.

That is the conundrum with weed for medical. I agree it is an important tool for a host of medical issues and also advocate for it to be a non jailable offense or and/or completely legal.(what ever local and state sentiment can handle at its own pace and time)

But individuals like Henderson should be able to get the pill form of the chemicals in cannabis to treat his medical. This would prevent lung damage and NFL should allow with Dr RX.(many more powerful and more dangerous drugs are prescribed everyday in US) Maybe then the stigma of people smoking weed in public would be abated.

Of course, he would have tested positive regardless of the delivery method. I can tell you that any dispensary in CA has a variety of products, from the plant, itself, to edibles, vapor, and oils.

They just used a 2nd round pick on Dawkins....he isnt gonna ride the bench guys

This Dion Dawkins guy is the most sure-thing rookie to start on the O-Line (per TSW) since Kujo!

Next to QB......the hardest position to develop a young player quickly at is OT..........and it's not really a close second.

Could happen.......but he wasn't exactly Orlando Pace in college......and t's all about reps and they don't get enough with the practice limits.

Whooooops! I meant Henderson.

Henderson never claimed he was prescribed marijuana. Ever.

Ok? The point is, he's been a resident of states that are not offering med marijuana. He takes his own meds. He deserves to take meds for his affliction. What exactly is your point dude?????

I agree. In this day and age, to ignore a simple, cheap, natural medicine is stupid imo