Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you sent any Tweets to Boldin and Barnidge giving them reasons why they should sign here?

...they're quietly on the couch waiting for an injury that will surely fatten up checkbook offerings.......it's supply and demand now because it is short term for both (no multi year deals in the offing IMO)....

DE

Yarborough. make note

Really need to get Boldin in here for slot and put Zay on the outside. Holmes can't be anywhere near a starter.

looking that way. and yes Jones should not play slot unless motioned in

Have you sent any Tweets to Boldin and Barnidge giving them reasons why they should sign here?

Poirot had class.

Take note

I realize Beane wants to make smart decisions from a cost perspective, but getting Boldin into a Bills uni might be the most important thing he could for the success of Tyrod Taylor and the Bills O this season.

The whole WR corp benefits from a veteran athlete of his caliber and experience in my humble opinion.

I realize Beane wants to make smart decisions from a cost perspective, but getting Boldin into a Bills uni might be the most important thing he could for the success of Tyrod Taylor and the Bills O this season.

The whole WR corp benefits from a veteran athlete of his caliber and experience in my humble opinion.

I agree.

At the end of the day how many games will Boldin win for us? Likely none. If Beane gets him on his terms, fine. If not, let's let this new regime steer the course for the team that they envision and we hope for.

Teams need proven veteran leadership to teach younger players how to prepare, how to conduct themselves as professionals on and off the field, and most important, how to win.

They don't get any more proven then A Boldin IMO Green Lightning.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-GM-Beane-puts-timetable-on-potential-Boldin-signing/ff8b490c-7444-477b-8949-e6beeea88938

Teams need proven veteran leadership to teach younger players how to prepare, how to conduct themselves as professionals on and off the field, and most important, how to win.

Boldin is going to sit at home and wait for a WR on a contending team to get injured. Full stop.

Hey we agree. Love to have him. I just don't want to overpay or limit are cap to pick up someone who may be a longer term fit. My point is if Beane can get him for the value he sets, big thumbs up. Of not, I can deal with it.

Hey we agree. Love to have him. I just don't want to overpay or limit are cap to pick up someone who may be a longer term fit. My point is if Beane can get him for the value he sets, big thumbs up. Of not, I can deal with it.

At this point, I'd rather spend the money for a starting #2 WR like Boldin than save an extra million or two for the rainy day fund.

12.9 million in cap space, I don't think Boldin will break the bank. I think Beane and the new FO are setting the precedent, they're not going to over spend because they're buffalo.

All speculation of course on my part.

At the end of the day how many games will Boldin win for us? Likely none. If Beane gets him on his terms, fine. If not, let's let this new regime steer the course for the team that they envision and we hope for.

If Holmes can't run the right route... and it seems he is struggling ..

Boldin can

Boldin is going to sit at home and wait for a WR on a contending team to get injured. Full stop.

its a reasonable take

At this point, I'd rather spend the money for a starting #2 WR like Boldin than save an extra million or two for the rainy day fund.

Zay will be the two

If Holmes can't run the right route... and it seems he is struggling ..

Boldin can

its a reasonable take

Zay will be the two

I like Zay, but Boldin gives you that big bodied vet that already knows how to use his body and will consistently make catches in tight coverage along with good YAC. Its a tall order for the rookie IMO.

I think the WC Offense needs Boldin, and I think Taylor needs a possession receiver like A Boldin.

Edited by Figster

I like Zay, but Boldin gives you that big bodied vet that already knows how to use his body and will consistently make catches in tight coverage along with good YAC. Its a tall order for the rookie IMO.

I think the WC Offense needs Boldin, and I think Taylor needs a possession receiver like A Boldin.

Boldin would most likely be the slot guy. Zay would need to earn time on the outside.

I would suggest Zay would be a better fit outside once acclimated. Boldin might better work the slot with his ability to find the seams in zones and all the other things a savvy vet can offer.

I could them moving receivers around alot this year presnap. Or at least switching up who is in X,Y,Z.

Agreed on bringing Anquan in, no doubt !

Boldin would most likely be the slot guy. Zay would need to earn time on the outside.

Agreed.

This Kid Shorts might be our speed guy along with C Brown.

It's early but i am kinda stoked about the receivers if we bring one solid vet in.

Are Boldin and Holmes redundant ?

I heard a decent point on WGR last week: in terms of body type, Boldin is very similar to Zay. Now, he has maybe one or two year left in the tank, but if he can help Zay refine his game, that's worth a little extra alone.

And that's on top of being a surer bet in the slot and a nice possession, move the chains WR at this point in his career, which we can use. Let's open the checkbook.