Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

I would hope that an agent and 15 year vet are slightly more educated than that. The Chargers won 4 & 5 games the last 2 years. I don't think that anyone is looking at them as close. The reality is no one is looking at any of those teams as a chance to win. That's kind of my point. If he is trying to ring chase Buffalo, LA and Baltimore aren't in the conversation. If some of the top end teams were being discussed maybe. It's going to be about the money if those are his options.

Maybe so and the suspected contract numbers thrown around are pretty low. He isn't getting the $7M that Maclin got (or whatever it was).

You're dismissing the fact that the Bills organization has shown itself to be inept and lacking direction whereas the Chargers and Ravens have shown that they can succeed at a higher level than the Bills. I'm not saying that they are better destinations than the Bills but simply that you aren't taking nearly as much into consideration from my perspective that those organizations have generally been better than the Bills over the past 15 years.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're dismissing the fact that the Bills organization has shown itself to be inept and lacking direction whereas the Chargers and Ravens have shown that they can succeed at a higher level than the Bills. I'm not saying that they are better destinations than the Bills but simply that you aren't taking nearly as much into consideration from my perspective that those organizations have generally been better than the Bills over the past 15 years.

Isn't it more about what the future brings for these organizations, than the past? Are you saying Boldin should consider Whaley, Nix or Pat McGroder in making their decision?

They have been, no doubt. I'm saying that a guy in his late 30's isn't viewing a team that won 4 games and then 5 games as his chance for a ring (regardless of how good they were 5-10 years ago). The same goes for Baltimore and the Bills. The Chargers have been a much better organization than the Raiders, for example, over the last 15 years but the Raiders would give Boldin a better shot at a championship. 2017 is all that matters in this equation. At the moment Baltimore, Buffalo and the Chargers are in the same boat. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Isn't it more about what the future brings for these organizations, than the past? Are you saying Boldin should consider Whaley, Nix or Pat McGroder in making their decision?

Bills fans have an annoying tendency to live in the past. It's why, every year, you see threads popping up with titles like "Bring back Polian," "Bring in Fred to compete for a RB spot," "Bring in T.O. to compete for a WR spot" etc.

You might make that case with Baltimore, but certainly not the Chargers. First of all, nobody cares how the team was 15 years ago let alone 5 or even 3. Where does the team stand now, and what do I bring to that equation? Baltimore has a distinct edge from a FO stability side of things, but it hasn't resulted in a significant difference in the W/L column. At the end of the day, the 3 teams combined have made the playoffs 3 times in the last 5 years. That's 3 of a possible 15. And none of the teams have made the playoffs since 2014. As far as cumulative records go, you have to go back 4 years for the Ravens to be better and more than 5 for the Chargers.

Over the past 5 years:

Bills have gone 36-44

Chargers have gone 34-46 with a playoff appearance in 2013 with a record of 9-7

Ravens have gone 41-39 with both playoff appearances coming off a record of 10-6

yeah, that's it, only for the money.

pfffffft

yeah, that's it, only for the money.

pfffffft

My question is a legitimate one. If there are other teams who are better at throwing/completing passes over the middle, wouldn't Boldin rather go to one of those teams? I would certainly think so.

And you're right. The notion of a professional athlete signing with a team for the money is pretty !@#$ing stupid. I don't know what I was thinking.

My question is a legitimate one. If there are other teams who are better at throwing/completing passes over the middle, wouldn't Boldin rather go to one of those teams? I would certainly think so.

And you're right. The notion of a professional athlete signing with a team for the money is pretty !@#$ing stupid. I don't know what I was thinking.

your question was nothing more than a stab at taylor. don't go playing the innocent " my question was legitimate" bs.

swing and a miss

Boldin has very little leverage at his age, I don't care how well he played last year, GM's know that he is about to fall

off a steep cliff if he hasn't already. Buffalo is a roster he can make even with minimal contributions on the field.

your question was nothing more than a stab at taylor. don't go playing the innocent " my question was legitimate" bs.

swing and a miss

It's on topic and it's relevant. I'm sorry if it hurt your feeling. I'm sure other COT parishioners will help you through this difficult time.

Furthermore, it's not a stab. It's pointing out that Boldin's biggest strength is our QB's biggest weakness. It's a factual statement that pertains to the topic.

It's on topic and it's relevant. I'm sorry if it hurt your feeling. I'm sure other COT parishioners will help you through this difficult time.

Furthermore, it's not a stab. It's pointing out that Boldin's biggest strength is our QB's biggest weakness. It's a factual statement that pertains to the topic.

That Taylor throws less to the middle of them other QBs in the NFL is pretty much fact. That it's his weakness in the sense that he's just not good at doing it is, on the other hand, debatable. In a lot of ways I think it was offense of design. When Taylor through to the middle especially in 2016, he excelled. I'm really looking forward to an offense that focuses more on those short crossing routes. Edited by transplantbillsfan

I'm not saying that, my point was that from my perspective Kirby seemed to be glossing over the construct and history of their organizations relative to ours.

They have been, no doubt. I'm saying that a guy in his late 30's isn't viewing a team that won 4 games and then 5 games as his chance for a ring (regardless of how good they were 5-10 years ago). The same goes for Baltimore and the Bills. The Chargers have been a much better organization than the Raiders, for example, over the last 15 years but the Raiders would give Boldin a better shot at a championship. 2017 is all that matters in this equation. At the moment Baltimore, Buffalo and the Chargers are in the same boat.

I agree with that, just pointing out that for many people I'd imagine they look at the organization just as much if not more than their recent record.

I'm not saying that, my point was that from my perspective Kirby seemed to be glossing over the construct and history of their organizations relative to ours.

I agree with that, just pointing out that for many people I'd imagine they look at the organization just as much if not more than their recent record.

the Chargers organization is absolutely brutal and has been for a long time. Their ownership is the worst.

Link?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/07/21/report-fa-wr-boldin-to-visit-bills/

Graziano said Boldin is interested due to Tyrod Taylor’s presence on the roster. Taylor was the backup QB in Baltimore when Boldin was there earlier in his career.

but hey, why come here when his strength is over the middle.. :rolleyes:

you don't hurt my feelings so don't credit yourself. and your CoT bs is for the sandbox, kid stuff.

you may think you can bs some, which I'm sure some are gullible enough to not see through it, but you can't bs me....Gugy

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973